Hacking Everyone who fixed their Acekard's micro SD slot, come here!&#

soraxcloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man am I glad this topic was here. Mine just now broke after like 3-4 months of good use. I had already pried mine open using some small scissors taking only one of the sharp parts and wiggling it down the seam till it popped. Had to do it to 4 different spots. Then I realized I couldn't see the spring at all so I went searching the interwebs for people who may have has similar problems. I ended up following this video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=rJ55fcLbLqE ) like CannonFoddr suggested for the most part. After you get the little metal piece bent up and out of the way bend the small wire you see towards the bottom of the opening up and over the side of the metal casing then use a pin and some tweezers to rip out all the black plastic parts in that small visible area. After that the offending spring came into view and I ripped it out too! Mwahahaha! >3

It works well now so yay! xD

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously dude, push down on an old card into the slot really hard (like that dude said a few posts up), you dont have much to lose, it sounds like one of those crazy solutions that sounds crazy but works. If you open it you have a better chance at ruining it then doing what he said. I mean if you're gonna just buy a new one... Or you could try removing it too...

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I post a topic about the exact same thing and it gets two replies and this topic has two pages.

I haven't been able to use my Acekard in a month because the micro sd card slot spring thing broke. It worked fine for nearly a year.

Des_Kaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My Acekard arrived yesterday from Shoptemp and I have exactly the same problem. Last night it worked perfectly, but when I after putting some new roms on the sd card, I couldn't get the sd back in the Acekard; the spring mechanism seems to be broken. I did not hear anything crack while putting the sd in. The method as seen in the clip above doesn't seem right to me, I don't want to do this every time I need to put the sd in again. I feel I should send it back to Shoptemp but I don't want to wait for a couple of months before getting a new one. Any advice?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Des_Kaje said:
My Acekard arrived yesterday from Shoptemp and I have exactly the same problem. Last night it worked perfectly, but when I after putting some new roms on the sd card, I couldn't get the sd back in the Acekard; the spring mechanism seems to be broken. I did not hear anything crack while putting the sd in. The method as seen in the clip above doesn't seem right to me, I don't want to do this every time I need to put the sd in again. I feel I should send it back to Shoptemp but I don't want to wait for a couple of months before getting a new one. Any advice?
You only have to do what the video shows once, and as long you don't click the spring it will stay fine.

Des_Kaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BobTheJoeBob said:
Des_Kaje said:
You only have to do what the video shows once, and as long you don't click the spring it will stay fine.

Okay, thanks for the info. That's a tiny bit better, but still I prefer fixing the problem without tearing my Acekard apart. A new product should just work properly, I shouldn't have to repair the thing before I can even use it. I guess it's impossible to fix this without opening it. But even if I do use the method as shown in the video, won't the sd fall out easily (when holding the DS upside down for instance)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol