Ever had a song you didn't know and it drove you mad?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by granville, Jan 3, 2009.

1. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Basically, have you ever heard a song in your past which you didn't know, and not being able to know, it was drove you insane with curiosity?

Here's mine: ATC - Around the World

God I love that song for some reason! Mostly for the music behind the lyrics (although they're cool too). Might sound cool in a Sonic game or somthing. And I just learned what it was called and who did it 5 minutes ago AFTER ALMOST 10 YEARS of wondering!!! I heard it in a skating rink once and it really caught my ears. I had no idea what it was. And over the years I heard it again and again in places like malls or restaurants. Well, I finally know! You have no idea what a annoyance that was, and finally I know! [​IMG]

2. miruki

miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 23, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Awesometown
    It's actually pretty easy for me to remember parts of the lyrics so I can search for them laters if I hear a song that I really like but don't know who it is from. But I once watched japanese TV and saw a really awesome PV, god I loved the song! But it took me ages to find out who sang it since I missed the moment the Band's name was shown... D: And I didn't memorise any of the lyrics at all... D: In the end I found out through some weird coincidences that it was ZZ - Step Forward. *__*

3. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Yeah, I couldn't understand the lyrics here, due to being in a crowded and noisy place, just the basic tune. I watched a Sonic history video on youtube a few minutes and the song just happened to be on the video. The credits had the song name and I finally found it! [​IMG]

4. Whizz

Whizz When things don't go right, go left.

Nov 20, 2007
    Netherlands
    Turn around...
    This is where midomi and songtapper come in handy.

5. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Oh snap! I heard about those years ago, but forgot about them. PCworld said they weren't any good at the time. Probably would have been able to recognize such a simple tune as mine though. I have a piss poor memory sometimes. I remember events and stuff like music tunes perfectly, but am dreadful at names.

6. Upperleft

Upperleft Namcoholic

Aug 15, 2007
    Oh god.. of course i had one

I saw it once on TV and i didn't remember anything about it except that it had an Anime-style music video (which WAS so cool dammit [​IMG] )

7. Dark

Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 6, 2008
    United States
    I heard a song on tv and I still can't find it. I used most of the lyrics and it doesn't work =(

8. Dio

Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Dec 29, 2007
    United States
    Mount Vernon, WA
    When Tenchi Muyo first aired on Toonami, around the 7th or so episode had this (but a much shortened version so that the lyrics went like "there is a hea-"):

as opposed to the regular ending theme. It drove me crazy back then because it was only played once and I wanted to know the rest of the song.

9. Immortal Game

Immortal Game GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, but they don't always help... I tried midomi on a few songs I already knew and it didn't work. [​IMG]

10. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    this is where my phone really comes in good use

VCAST Song ID [​IMG]
    I use it all the time to ID songs on the radio that I have no idea what the title is

11. Smef

Smef The GbaTemp Hitchhiker

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2002
    United States
    Researching for The Guide
    If you're thinking about this being in a sonic game, here's why:

12. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Holy shit! Icecap. I knew it sounded like SOME sort of music from a Sonic game. And then there was a tune from the unreleased Sonic Xtreme:

That's called Space Queens. Kind of sounds familiar to Around the World. Maybe it's just the Europop trance-like style.

13. Wok247

Wok247 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    In font of my computer
    Daft Punk Around the world
    That guy only says 3 worrds " Around the world"
    and some fin. hardrock

Teräsebetoni

14. The Teej

The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

Former Staff
    Jun 27, 2004
    England
    A couple of songs I heard in a music video ages back, but didn't know the names of the songs. I eventually got bored one day and browsed through my hard drive and found the old music videos. I typed in the lyrics in google and it came up [​IMG]

They were Strata - Piece by Piece and Hoobastank - Same Direction.

15. Rod

Rod GBAtemp Fan

May 16, 2008
    Brazil
    Yup.

Crazy Taxi PC version had this music, but I had no idea who the heck was the band. Only discovered it 4 years after or so.

And there's another classical song which I enjoyed a lot and never knew the name... and I just remembered that I FORGOT AGAIN what it's called D:

16. nin10do

nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2007
    Taiwan
    UK
    happens to me all the time. i've got one in my head right now.

it goes: da...da...da...dadada..dada.
    just can't remember the name. it'll probably come to me in a few days.

17. cupajoe

cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

Aug 25, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota

I heard this song at my friends house about 5 years ago and It was scratching at my brain the whole time, until a few months ago when I heard a rap song use it as a sample. The rap song credited the song in the video description, so I finally found it.

18. Goshogun1

Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    Marvel VS Capcom 2 character select screen hurts my head whenever I hear it. And it gets stuck for quite a bit after hearing. "I'm gonna take you for a ride! Du nu nu na! I'm gonna take you for a ride! Du nu nu na!"
    Also, Street Fighter 3 character select gets stuck in my mind too. That little rap about character selection is way too catchy! [​IMG]

19. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong

:creef:

20. Cablephish

Cablephish Show me...

Apr 23, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    This is an old, yet epic song. You know you loved it.