Ever had a song you didn't know and it drove you mad?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, have you ever heard a song in your past which you didn't know, and not being able to know, it was drove you insane with curiosity?

Here's mine: ATC - Around the World

God I love that song for some reason! Mostly for the music behind the lyrics (although they're cool too). Might sound cool in a Sonic game or somthing. And I just learned what it was called and who did it 5 minutes ago AFTER ALMOST 10 YEARS of wondering!!! I heard it in a skating rink once and it really caught my ears. I had no idea what it was. And over the years I heard it again and again in places like malls or restaurants. Well, I finally know! You have no idea what a annoyance that was, and finally I know!
laugh.gif

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's actually pretty easy for me to remember parts of the lyrics so I can search for them laters if I hear a song that I really like but don't know who it is from. But I once watched japanese TV and saw a really awesome PV, god I loved the song! But it took me ages to find out who sang it since I missed the moment the Band's name was shown... D: And I didn't memorise any of the lyrics at all... D: In the end I found out through some weird coincidences that it was ZZ - Step Forward. *__*

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I couldn't understand the lyrics here, due to being in a crowded and noisy place, just the basic tune. I watched a Sonic history video on youtube a few minutes and the song just happened to be on the video. The credits had the song name and I finally found it!
biggrin.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh snap! I heard about those years ago, but forgot about them. PCworld said they weren't any good at the time. Probably would have been able to recognize such a simple tune as mine though. I have a piss poor memory sometimes. I remember events and stuff like music tunes perfectly, but am dreadful at names.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh god.. of course i had one

I saw it once on TV and i didn't remember anything about it except that it had an Anime-style music video (which WAS so cool dammit
ph34r.gif
)

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When Tenchi Muyo first aired on Toonami, around the 7th or so episode had this (but a much shortened version so that the lyrics went like "there is a hea-"):

as opposed to the regular ending theme. It drove me crazy back then because it was only played once and I wanted to know the rest of the song.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is where my phone really comes in good use

VCAST Song ID
happy.gif

I use it all the time to ID songs on the radio that I have no idea what the title is

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit! Icecap. I knew it sounded like SOME sort of music from a Sonic game. And then there was a tune from the unreleased Sonic Xtreme:

That's called Space Queens. Kind of sounds familiar to Around the World. Maybe it's just the Europop trance-like style.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
A couple of songs I heard in a music video ages back, but didn't know the names of the songs. I eventually got bored one day and browsed through my hard drive and found the old music videos. I typed in the lyrics in google and it came up
biggrin.gif

They were Strata - Piece by Piece and Hoobastank - Same Direction.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yup.

Crazy Taxi PC version had this music, but I had no idea who the heck was the band. Only discovered it 4 years after or so.

And there's another classical song which I enjoyed a lot and never knew the name... and I just remembered that I FORGOT AGAIN what it's called D:

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
happens to me all the time. i've got one in my head right now.

it goes: da...da...da...dadada..dada.
just can't remember the name. it'll probably come to me in a few days.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I heard this song at my friends house about 5 years ago and It was scratching at my brain the whole time, until a few months ago when I heard a rap song use it as a sample. The rap song credited the song in the video description, so I finally found it.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marvel VS Capcom 2 character select screen hurts my head whenever I hear it. And it gets stuck for quite a bit after hearing. "I'm gonna take you for a ride! Du nu nu na! I'm gonna take you for a ride! Du nu nu na!"
Also, Street Fighter 3 character select gets stuck in my mind too. That little rap about character selection is way too catchy!
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs