Tibor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Community,

I've finally had the guts to try my install on my first ever OLED RP2040 Installation. Of course I didn't succeed as I just entered the world of soldering not too long ago. I finished a few practice kits but that's of course very different than solving a real world problem. I've followed two youtube tutorials on the install of the RP2040 on the OLED and after trying it out The modchip gives me a blue light followed by a short yellow and long yellow flash (which appears 3 times). I've done some research and it says my CMD is not connected. This is where I'm stuck. I don't even know which one is the CMD line.

If you have any idea what I could've done wrong please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Tibor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay will do. Thanks
Post automatically merged:

There's a lot of RP2040 threads. Is there one in particular that I should look for?

Reactions: impeeza

Tibor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this one. It’s RP2040. Not sure how I know if it’s hwfly or picofly or what the difference is even. If somebody could please enlighten me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30

Tibor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks. Technically it should be possible to desolder, take off the chip and the switch should be working normally again, am I correct?

Reactions: BigOnYa

Tibor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed the chip. The first time I tried to start back after removing the chip the switch turned on but with a green transparent screen. It seemed like it booted up and I was able to hear buttons pressed when I touched the green screen. When I turned it off and tried to turn it on again nothing turned on anymore. If the boot0 is corrupted the cooler fan should still turn on but it doesn’t even turn on.

Any ideas?
Post automatically merged:

Does something look off in these two pictures ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
Last edited by Tibor,

Site & Scene News