GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I feel like I'm making some headway with the softmod, but I'm still not quite where I want to be. I've successfully installed the HBC and BootMii, IOS236, IOS249 and even Hermes' IOS222 (though I'm not sure I'll even need that for my purposes). When I go to install a WAD (Cavestory for instance) onto the system, I get this error: ret = -1. Not sure how to proceed from here.

Basically, all I want to be able to do is install WiiWare/VC games onto my system via an SD card. I don't have USB drive or anything like that. I'm on Wii firmware 4.3u.

Thanks

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that happens when the WAD folder on your SD card doesn't exist, or the SD card is not supported.

is it SDHC?

75UR15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, it is best to have priiloader (or bootmii as boot 2) before you install wads that could banner brick your system. Second, when you try to install wads, what IOS are you using to do it, the wad manager should let you pick. If you have cIOS 249 v20 using the default base it will NOT work to install wads, if you used the default base, then install it again to slot 250 using base 38, then use IOS 250 to install your wads.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I already created a wad folder on the root of the SD and placed the wad files in there. I'm using a Kingston microSD with an SD adapter. It's a 2GB card I had left over from use for my CycloDS (reformatted, of course).

@75UR15 Now, you're kind of going over my head, sorry. I did install BootMii with the HBC, along with the other IOSes mention in my original post. Not sure about BootMii as boot 2. The tutorials regarding use of WAD Manager are pretty vague.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is the little side lock on the adapter switched on?

PRPG12_pg17A.JPG

that can cause the ret-1 error also.

other than that, just stick to IOS236 when installing WADS it will never fail you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1