1. Deleted-394630

OP Deleted-394630 Newbie

I'm on step 89 of the downgrading section dsiguide.me and I ended up with an error instead of the NAND being emulated. Last time I got an error on no$gba and flashed it, I bricked. So there's no way I'm flashing a NAND with an error. What do you suggest I do?
    [​IMG]

2. Deleted-394630

OP Deleted-394630 Newbie

It seems DSiBrew has no documentation on the "2" variation of this error.
    [​IMG]

Last edited Nov 25, 2017
  3. hectortillo

hectortillo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    do this, redownload the packets ( dsi whitelist, etc) from the NUS, and take note what says the console box downside the ownaload, check if it says something about error, or error encrypting or something similar

4. Deleted-394630

OP Deleted-394630 Newbie

After I did this, I still got the same error, though I noticed something that I can't tell if it's an error: the "Hashes do not match! (Invalid output)"
    [​IMG]

5. hectortillo

hectortillo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    yeah then you should find the correct file for the nus to download correctly, try searching and testing with to find the correct one, i hve had the same problem, i then i have found that (as same as you) was my error because i had invalid files, and every time the nand bricked, until i have found the correct one, hope it will help you

6. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    hmm. i just downloaded the same item here and got no "hashes do not match" error. hows your dsikey.bin?

7. Deleted-394630

OP Deleted-394630 Newbie

Thank you all for your help, but it turned out there wasn't a dsikey.bin in my NUSDownloader folder, put one in there and my downgrade went successfully and I now have 4swordshax! I don't know if the guide mentioned you need to put the dsikey in the NUS folder, or if I just read over that.

8. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Glad you got it working. Just remember to check you blocks available after each dsiware install so you don’t brick from cramming your nand. That was my mistake. :(

ThisIsDaAccount likes this.
  9. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Just checked and there was a part in the downgrade process about grabbing the key and putting it in NUS downloader, but the process is so long I don't blame you for missing it.

I'm sure op knows, but for everyone else reading make sure to test in No$GBA so these things get noticed :)

hectortillo and slaphappygamer like this.
  10. Deleted-394630

OP Deleted-394630 Newbie

I REPEAT it as much as I can, not testing a nand in no$gba is what bricked my first nand. Do not repeat my mistake.

Last edited Nov 27, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GBATemp, testing, Error