Ensō PCH-1000 - Can I backup my data/games & transfer to new SD via FTP?

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everybody. How's it goin'?

So, I've run out of space on my 32gig memory card for my PCH-1000 model, and have decided to upgrade to a 64gig memory card (official, not SD2Vita mod). For whatever reason, Henkaku destroyed my Vita/PC-connectivity a long time ago, and my Vita can no longer connect to my PC via USB. I've done all sorts of troubleshooting to fix this issue -- installing & replacing drivers, rebooting PC in safe mode, etc.-- without success. In fact, it only seems to have compounded the issue, as the PC used to recognize the Vita as "PS Vita Type B", but now it doesn't even do that. Luckily for me, FTP is a viable option that has effectively allowed me to circumvent the issue. Up until now, anyway. It's been years since I last upgraded my card, but I believe I did it all through Sony's official means last time, before I jailbroke my unit. And I remember it being a huge pain in the ass, and that I basically had to re-download all the software (most of which is comprised of PS1 games I downloaded legally).

So, basically what I'm asking is... is there anyway to completely backup my memory card via FTP, including all my game software? And how could I go about transferring it to my new memory card without having to hook up my Vita to the PC? Is there any sort of memory stick dongle for SD2Vita that's compatible with Sony's proprietary cards? Any input, insight, or advice would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Well, disregard all that. My USB drive is actually working now, so I attempted backing up my games and applications through QCMA. An error occurred in the middle of the transfer, and I had to restart the device. I imagine this may be a dated method for backing up your Vita these days, but with these older Vita models and having no internal storage of their own, I'm not sure what other viable methods there are. So, if anyone has any additional input, insight, or advice on the best way of backing up and transferring your games and applications on a hacked device, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, again.

Last edited by Thee_Stranger,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everybody. How's it goin'?

So, I've run out of space on my 32gig memory card for my PCH-1000 model, and have decided to upgrade to a 64gig memory card (official, not SD2Vita mod). For whatever reason, Henkaku destroyed my Vita/PC-connectivity a long time ago, and my Vita can no longer connect to my PC via USB. I've done all sorts of troubleshooting to fix this issue -- installing & replacing drivers, rebooting PC in safe mode, etc.-- without success. In fact, it only seems to have compounded the issue, as the PC used to recognize the Vita as "PS Vita Type B", but now it doesn't even do that. Luckily for me, FTP is a viable option that has effectively allowed me to circumvent the issue. Up until now, anyway. It's been years since I last upgraded my card, but I believe I did it all through Sony's official means last time, before I jailbroke my unit. And I remember it being a huge pain in the ass, and that I basically had to re-download all the software (most of which is comprised of PS1 games I downloaded legally).

So, basically what I'm asking is... is there anyway to completely backup my memory card via FTP, including all my game software? And how could I go about transferring it to my new memory card without having to hook up my Vita to the PC? Is there any sort of memory stick dongle for SD2Vita that's compatible with Sony's proprietary cards? Any input, insight, or advice would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Well, disregard all that. My USB drive is actually working now, so I attempted backing up my games and applications through QCMA. An error occurred in the middle of the transfer, and I had to restart the device. I imagine this may be a dated method for backing up your Vita these days, but with these older Vita models and having no internal storage of their own, I'm not sure what other viable methods there are. So, if anyone has any additional input, insight, or advice on the best way of backing up and transferring your games and applications on a hacked device, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, again.
Don't waste your money on a Sony memory card as the bigger they fail faster buy a Sd2vita and 256GB Card

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't waste your money on a Sony memory card as the bigger they fail faster buy a Sd2vita and 256GB Card
Yeah, I wish I had. Unfortunately, I went and ordered the official proprietary 64gb Sony card before I learned what SD2Vita was. I first hacked my Vita way back in 2017, and am just now getting back into it. So, I'd been out of the game for a while, and have missed a lot of the updates/advancements that have gone on since.

It's too late now. My money is already wasted as it's already bought & paid for (and it wasn't cheap). I think the 64gigs should suit my needs. I only need a few more gigs for RetroArch, maybe a couple roms, and the rest of my officially purchased PS1 games. But if I run out of space again, I'll definitely roll with SD2Vita 256gig. That should be more space than I'll ever need. But are you saying Sony's official cards are more prone to failure? I haven't heard that.

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it's true. sony cards fail a lot, which is insulting considering their price.
Well, goddammit. lol.
Never had any problems with either my 8gig or 32gig cards.

I can't recall, but does anyone know if this works anything like the N3DS, where you basically can only have one SD card, because the device marries itself to whatever particular card you're using and doesn't allow for swaps?

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can swap cards.
Thanks.

What would you say is the quickest and easiest way to backup your Vita games/apps. I only got a handful of apps transferred through QCMA before it crashed on me, and it was taking forever. Think I'll go through one-at-a-time next time instead of all-at-once should I attempt it again.

Should I just use FTP, and copy over all the directory folders to my PC and paste it to the new formatted card? Will that work?

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably a direct connection using usb.
Yeah, about that...
The thing with that is I don't have access to all the directories with a USB connection for some reason. If I'm using VitaShell via USB, only, like, 4 folders show up. Nothing for the apps, it seems. It's weird. I'll have to check it again so maybe I can explain exactly what I'm talking about. And if I'm not using VitaShell, I can only use the Content Manager it seems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyY0Z_U09mk