Efficient Unzipping and Renaming

xym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
I recently got a custom GBA built, and as a part of that custom build I got an EZ Flash Omega. While I've figured out how to get ROMS on the device, but adding games from the archives ive downloaded is proving a little more challenging than I thought. I downloaded a GB, GBC, and GBA zip archive, but have yet to completely unzip them all until I'm able to get them all on my device without issue. The zip archives I'm using all have the ROM files end in (U) before the extension, and this seems to mess with the flash and doesnt read the games. I'm hoping to find a way to easily unzip all the files (needs to be recursive) AND possibly modify the names at the same time to remove the (U) from the end of the ROM filenames. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is the sort of thing various ROM managers are made to handle. I always used to like http://offlinelist.free.fr/ myself but there are better options (some found http://www.advanscene.com/html/index.php ).
You can then rename ROMs to the setup of your choice.

That said brackets never really bothered older EZFlash gear and I don't recall it being a thing for the Omega I have. What is more likely a concern tends to be length of name -- get some 4 in 1 game that includes the full names of its contents and you can end up with many many characters that make little old embedded devices cry to have to decode several thousand of.

Reactions: xym

xym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the sort of thing various ROM managers are made to handle. I always used to like URL REMOVED myself but there are better options (some found URL REMOVED ).
You can then rename ROMs to the setup of your choice.

That said brackets never really bothered older EZFlash gear and I don't recall it being a thing for the Omega I have. What is more likely a concern tends to be length of name -- get some 4 in 1 game that includes the full names of its contents and you can end up with many many characters that make little old embedded devices cry to have to decode several thousand of.
This seems like it could be pretty plausible for the reason, so I might need to check the filename length. I had seen some other places that perhaps double brackets or parentheses could be messing with something, so I removed the (U) and it had seemed to work. Probably confirmation bias on my end

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.