Hacking Easy Nus3bank Editor With GUI

gyroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No clue about this, I tweeted soneek since he knows revb better than me.
I just saw his reply and checked tmp.0.dsp, tmp.1.dsp, and new.idsp using foobar2000+vgmstream, and all the files play fine. I'll try replacing the IDSP in the NUS3BANK directly with new.idsp and see what happens.

EDIT: Strangely enough, that worked, so it's not a problem with the music files themselves. Most likely, it's a bug in revb.exe or the command used considering the command that's failing.

Last edited by gyroknight,

Darkersneasel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep on getting this error when I try to load a NUS3BANK file into the editor.
NUS3bank%20error_zpsu0gcbqqs.png

Darkersneasel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@BDS I keep on getting the same error when I downloaded the nightly and used that version. I also updated the revb application in the code. No matter what NUS3BANK I use the same thing happens.

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Latest nightly would be more precise than that for the error. So no, you can't get the exact same error.

Also, the nightly already uses the latest revb (and opening nus3bank files doesn't require revb).

Mother Hate

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does a video tutorial exist?

I just open a nus3bank data on "_NUS3BANK Editor" but i dont get any dialog for isp. I can press on replace open my wav.data and try to replace (its not in a specific folder). It said its successfully replaced but if i try this data it havent changed :(
myb a new file will be created and its in another folder? dunno
I dont get any error in the whole process...

Any help?

Edit:
Solved xD
Didnt save them after creating. I thought it would overwrite the data xD

Sry everything works for me now!

Last edited by Mother Hate,

Accelerator

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. So, I'm trying to convert a BRSTM into a Nus3bank file. But when I tried to replace the NUS3BANK file with a BRSTM, this came up. Can someone tell me what I did wrong? I used BRSTM Converter to convert the WAV file.

Attachments

• 332e643eab98e27e2bb54fc25dca9ad6.png
    332e643eab98e27e2bb54fc25dca9ad6.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 262

Rockzilla77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I don't know if you still reply to this still but for some reason the snd_se_narration_characall.nus3bank is not working which is weird it worked before but for some reason it stopped working it gives me this:
2016-07-15.png

Also it tells me its not a Nus3bank file but it is also found out this happens not just the snd_se_narration_characall.nus3bank it's some sound effect files too

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-15_19-27-29.png
    upload_2016-7-15_19-27-29.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 218

TGYMK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just saw his reply and checked tmp.0.dsp, tmp.1.dsp, and new.idsp using foobar2000+vgmstream, and all the files play fine. I'll try replacing the IDSP in the NUS3BANK directly with new.idsp and see what happens.

EDIT: Strangely enough, that worked, so it's not a problem with the music files themselves. Most likely, it's a bug in revb.exe or the command used considering the command that's failing.
Getting this too, now. Fixes applied and all. Any luck?

The nus3banks I was able to apply in-game were completely silent, I'm assuming they never loaded.

Last edited by TGYMK,

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I won't reply anymore to anyone using 2.11 since that means you don't bother reading any previous message before calling for help.

Getting this too, now. Fixes applied and all. Any luck?
For now I just check if the command using revb doesn't end with an error. Apparently in some cases it can end with an error while still making a valid (?) idsp file, so I'll have to make some checks on this... You can try using the previous revb. Or doing injections manually: have a look at this thread especially for the "nus3inject.py [NAME OF FILE].nus3bank [NAME OF FILE].idsp [ID]" part.

The nus3banks I was able to apply in-game were completely silent, I'm assuming they never loaded.
It means you've injected "incompatible" audio into your nus3bank and it's now "corrupt" (even though the editor has no problem with it), you have to restart your injections from scratch for that nus3bank. It's not clear what exactly is "incompatible" but for sfx/voice, be careful with the sample rate, try using the same sample rate or 44.1kHz, never replace mono audio sounds with stereo ones, try having your clips not longer than the ones they replace...

TGYMK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, it seems to make the error regardless of whether it was a valid idsp or not (gives me flashbacks of using Brawlbox and having to clear the way through error messages that didn't matter).

And thanks, I actually thought about whether the size of the clips/file used to inject/etc would affect it (again, same as Brawl days), but since it wasn't really touched on from what I'd heard, I didn't bother testing.

I'll go with the manual method for now. Works just fine for me.

Edit: Or not. Still the same issue. I only replaced one of Mewtwo's sounds and it's soundless, again; same length file, .wav format...mono. Good resample rate. Not sure. Trying other versions of the editor now.

Last edited by TGYMK,

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or not. Still the same issue. I only replaced one of Mewtwo's sounds and it's soundless, again; same length file, .wav format...mono. Good resample rate. Not sure. Trying other versions of the editor now.
Like I say, it's unclear what makes something incompatible... I can only tell you to use the old revb (to avoid the error, since I never heard of this error with the old one) (especially if you're not doing anything that involves loops), get your unmodified nus3bank, try changing tracks one by one as long as it works. Don't know how much it can matter, check the size of your modified nus3bank and compare it to the original, and report all sizes after you experiment (original size, size of modified version(s) that works, size of modified version(s) that does not work) (if you can, also take notes of sizes of idsp's: originals, ones that still work, ones that end up corrupting the nus3bank).

I wonder if there is a value in the content header of the nus3bank that can be tweaked to fix these compatibility issues.

Last edited by BDS,

Cstick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when ever I try to open a nus3bank it gives me an error. it says it cant be extracted and suggests that its not an nus3bank even though it is. is there any thing I should do?

NA Howl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble inserting correct .wav files.
I've tried sending in mostly 16-bit mono format with 44.1 kHz, but they still seem corrupted/silent. I've been checking the nus3bank pre and post file sizes and they are the same in KB's, so I don't think it's a size issue.
I've heard importing as a BRST first can help. Any thoughts?

EDIT: After doing research on my own I think I found the issue. I've been trying to replace the files into 0x28 of ui_sound_charcall_voice_db, which is the spot for Fighting Alloy Team (figured I wouldn't need those sound spaces), but it turns out that perhaps those idsp's aren't able to be modified, or rather, perhaps they don't have enough space.
I exported all the unused voicecalls and they all ended up being around 1-2 KBs. So that's probably my issue.

Last edited by NA Howl,

NA Howl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting this error whenever I try to replace announcer calls with my .wav file.
I've tried this on both the most current version (2.1 I think) and an older version (1.6?). The newer version gives me this error, whereas the older version simply terminates early, making it appear as if the file was replaced, when it is indeed not.
Any help?

Attachments

• IdspConversionError.PNG
    IdspConversionError.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 302

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@NA Howl I've made a slight adjustment to the nightly it should show only show a warning and work hopefully (apparently latest revb frequently ends with an error even when an idsp is successfully made)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum