Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://psp.nowgamer.com/news/4781/ea-boss-...compelling-idea

Full article - http://kotaku.com/5705605/theres-room-for-...tendo-and-apple

QUOTE said:
EA CEO John Riccitiello thinks there is room in the handheld market for a new PlayStation Portable

"Having something as powerful as a PlayStation 3 in your pocket is a pretty compelling idea," he told Kotaku. Sony has yet to officially announce the PSP2, but numerous sources have confirmed its existence. Riccitiello believes that once cutomers see it they'll be sold.

"Sometimes the competitive advantage requires games to show it off to prove its compelling. So reading in a press release that it's as powerful as a high-end console in your pocket is sort of a little flat. Look at it the first time; when you actually see it happening it can be awfully compelling."

“It can be awfully compelling ”
Meanwhile, analyst Michael Pachter believes the handheld will be "dead on arrival" to such a saturated handheld market. "[While] we're not even close to saturation on the video game consoles, we’re way approaching saturation on the handheld market," he said on the Pach Attack.

“We’re starting to see DS hardware sales crack," he added. "I think the ubiquity of the iPod Touch is cutting into the handheld market, I think the PSP was dead on arrival and I think the PSP2 is going to be dead on arrival.

Sounds promising if true, that could go either way as we have seen with the PSP and lol the PSP2 predictions!
rofl.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The graphics will probably look similar, because of the lower resolution. I'll end up getting a 3DS and a PSP2.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Nothing says it'll be as powerful as a PS3.

You can render the same graphical quality as a PS3 with 1/4th of the power if you're rendering it at half the resolution.

I was merely taking EA's exact wording in my title as that's how they stated it and that is very true what you have stated. It's more likely the way powerul in visual terms matching PS3's graphics output on a lower resolution/tiny screen.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If they really make the same mistake like with the PSP (too powerful for it's time, the price was way too big with a device that powerful), they must have the dumbest staff ever.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
If they really make the same mistake like with the PSP (too powerful for it's time, the price was way too big with a device that powerful), they must have the dumbest staff ever.
the 3DS is already at the $300 mark so they can work from there

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Satangel said:
the 3DS is already at the $300 mark so they can work from there
(sigh) No it's not. The 3DS pricing point is the same as the Wii's at release, which was $250.

Most likely won't be getting a PSP2. Can't think of a single game series that I'd be looking forward to on it.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
there are a few good games but the problem is that they are usually just portable versions of the home console versions and just aren't as fun, while the DS was underpowered it did have some pretty awsome games. To be honest I only bought a PSP off my friend for portable PSX games (FFVII FTW
tongue.gif
) and emulation (Earthbound FTW
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1