Dumping games bought on PSN

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by hellrokr, Jul 31, 2019.

1. hellrokr
    OP

hellrokr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Hello guys,

So, I had a question. If I buy some game online on PSN, can I dump them somehow on my pc and then install the pkg on my ps4?

I'm on 5.05, so I can't connect ps4 to download and play games.

The reason why I want to do that is that I mostly use ps4 for VR games. And I couldn't find pkg for some of the games of older releases, even 2016. For eg. Carnival Games VR.
    https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1001-CUSA05697_00-000000000CVRSCEA

This brings me to the second question. Why are not the pkg available for all older games? Is it simply because nobody ever bought it and dumped it?

I don't mind paying a fiver to play this game but I don't know how to.

Thanks

2. xYuunax

xYuunax You Stupid

Feb 6, 2018
    Hong Kong
    Hong Kong
    simple answer no...

Sony PKGs are encrypted, you can install the PKG but you can't run it without a proper license.. and currently there's no way to decrypt the content of the pkg on PC at the moment.

Last edited by xYuunax, Jul 31, 2019
    hellrokr likes this.
  3. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    There is no way as mentioned before... well... if anyone with 6.xx kex (Spider-Man dump) would decrypt higher pkgs and leak them then we could potentially downgrade the files... and... people are working on ways to beat encryption on PKG’s but even if a PKG is brute forced the contents would be encrypted: so for now it’s still a no.

Exactly.

There are tonnes of games I wanted to play on VR, and some of them are not even on PSN any more...

I have a legit PS4 pro for new games and online, it might be your only way for a long time.

hellrokr likes this.
  4. hellrokr
    OP

hellrokr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    thank you so much, guys. That clears it.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted