Hacking Dumping games bought on PSN

hellrokr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

So, I had a question. If I buy some game online on PSN, can I dump them somehow on my pc and then install the pkg on my ps4?

I'm on 5.05, so I can't connect ps4 to download and play games.

The reason why I want to do that is that I mostly use ps4 for VR games. And I couldn't find pkg for some of the games of older releases, even 2016. For eg. Carnival Games VR.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1001-CUSA05697_00-000000000CVRSCEA

This brings me to the second question. Why are not the pkg available for all older games? Is it simply because nobody ever bought it and dumped it?

I don't mind paying a fiver to play this game but I don't know how to.

Thanks

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
simple answer no...

Sony PKGs are encrypted, you can install the PKG but you can't run it without a proper license.. and currently there's no way to decrypt the content of the pkg on PC at the moment.

Last edited by xYuunax,
Reactions: hellrokr

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no way as mentioned before... well... if anyone with 6.xx kex (Spider-Man dump) would decrypt higher pkgs and leak them then we could potentially downgrade the files... and... people are working on ways to beat encryption on PKG’s but even if a PKG is brute forced the contents would be encrypted: so for now it’s still a no.

This brings me to the second question. Why are not the pkg available for all older games? Is it simply because nobody ever bought it and dumped it?

Exactly.

There are tonnes of games I wanted to play on VR, and some of them are not even on PSN any more...

I have a legit PS4 pro for new games and online, it might be your only way for a long time.

Reactions: hellrokr

abbasarsam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
What data do you need? If you want a dumped game, just dump it yourself. If you’re asking for links to dumps (?) you cannot ask here, that’s piracy.
No. My question is whether those who publish copy game data. Do these people dump their games from disk or hack from PSN account?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No. My question is whether those who publish copy game data. Do these people dump their games from disk or hack from PSN account?
You cannot hack games from a PSN account. You can dump disc games or legally purchased PSN titles with the game/app dumper payloads.

The games must have previously been paid for or owned in order for them to boot and then be dumped.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@abbasarsam1 That's the way it's always been ever since the ps3. The goal is to make this stuff free, bypassing the npdrm or rather the original licensing method. You need licenses to decrypt content, then a game that bypasses the licensing, such as one that's free to reencrypt it to trick the system into thinking it's okay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: