Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

robiul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think there will be future dual-layer games which uses the double amount of a single-layer?
Double the data means developers can cram more into the game and more data means longer gameplay overall better gameplay. I know that Xbox360 has dual-layer games, so why not the Wii. Choose now.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I think when a HD enabled Wii is released, most games will be dual-layer. I bet the next Zelda game will be dual-layer and use Wii Motion Plus!
biggrin.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think that you fail to understand what the power of dual layer means. Having twice the space will not automatically make the game good and the only reason brawl was dual layer was because it had so many FMV cutscenes. It is up to the developers to make the game play well. Think of the Conduit. It arguably has the best technology behind the game but it will be a single layer disk.
That said, I can predict there will be a few in the life of the wii but not too many. It requires more than what the average devloper is willing to put into the console.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
theres really no need for DL the reason the 360 uses it cos all their games use half the disc of useless cutscenes and cgi movies which you can do without. you can make any game good these days on a single layer disc just ditch the cut scenes. i dont think we'll be seeing any more dl games what with all the trouble ssbb causes when it was 1st released. only way to play it was to copy it and use a chip!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
triassic911 said:
Even nintendo knows that some wii's cannot read dual layered discs at all, so I doubt they would approve of any more for the future.
A certain few. However Nintendo appears to fix those wiis if you send it in.

I don't think Nintendo is against Dual-layer games at all.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope they do have more Dual-Layer games in the future because they're most likely to be good games. Look at Brawl. I know someone said if it takes more space, it's not necessarily good. But would Nintendo approve a potential-issue game where it's not even that good. Think about it.

And the FMV's were just awesome from Brawl (got the original copy). I especially like the one where Mario runs at Link for defeating Dark Peach, the running part and the avoiding part was just awesome. I also loved it when Kirby took care of Bowser and Ganandork and their big ship. Plain awesome. Kirby is the best. Simply because it owns and pwns all!

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sick of hearing this "more space means longer games" crap for the past oh.... 15 years now. When are people going to learn how big a game is means absolutely nothing...

on topic, I think there will be a few more, but not too many.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt they will. Well, we'll find out within the next 2 years. This gaming generation still has time (years) left. Maybe...

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im sure they'll be Dual Layered games.. not a lot but some yes.

*and for the person that said 360 games are filled with useless cutscenes, thats not totally true. Would you play Gears of War 2, if it had no cutscenes? It would take away from the game greatly.

Personally I'd rather see good single layer Disk games on the Wii first. It needs a lot more of those.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sstew said:
Im sure they'll be Dual Layered games.. not a lot but some yes.

*and for the person that said 360 games are filled with useless cutscenes, thats not totally true. Would you play Gears of War 2, if it had no cutscenes? It would take away from the game greatly.

Personally I'd rather see good single layer Disk games on the Wii first. It needs a lot more of those.

Very true. I would have hated to play Halo 3 Campaign (on Legendary) without the story plot. Even more true for SSBB (Wii). GTA IV (XBOX 360) cutscenes are good too.
smile.gif

DarkSzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo_Chick said:
most games don't even use more than 1gb out of the 1.4gb on a single layer disk, so the problem with current wii games isn't the size of the disk.
Talking about GC, are you? Wii discs are 4.3GB. But it's true that some games doesn't use that. That's actually the reason scrubbing is successful. There are some games that could fit in a CD.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DarkSzero said:
Nintendo_Chick said:
most games don't even use more than 1gb out of the 1.4gb on a single layer disk, so the problem with current wii games isn't the size of the disk.
Talking about GC, are you? Wii discs are 4.3GB. But it's true that some games doesn't use that. That's actually the reason scrubbing is successful. There are some games that could fit in a CD.

Yeah, I thought Puzzle Quest was like 200 MB when you scrubbed it.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo_Chick said:

Thats Gamecube games your referring to, Most of my wii games are 3.7-4.38Gb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER