'Squadron 42', the single-player campaign for 'Star Citizen', is feature complete and entering the polish phase; gets new star-studded trailer

star citizen.jpg

After more than a decade since its announcement and raising over $600 million in crowdfunding, Chris Roberts, head of developer Cloud Imperium Games, has announced that Star Citizen's single-player campaign is feature complete and is entering its polish phase. The announcement came during this year's CitizenCon during which a a 26-minute video was aired showcasing the game's cinematics, gameplay and some insights from the development team. Notably, the trailer features a recognisable cast of characters such as Gary Oldman, Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill and more.

While the new trailer showcases the title's ambition and states that it is being polished, no release date has been provided. Considering Star Citizen's development history, it might take longer than expected to see the full version of Squadron 42.

:arrow: SOURCE

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So only 3 more years to go?
The game will never actually fully release because then they can't milk the vapor ware cow anymore

Citizen_404

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long-time Star Citizen & SQ42 backer...

Just note that "feature complete" does not mean "optimized", and it definitely does not mean "polished" or "bug-free."

Having said that, this is another step in the right direction. Maybe in 18-24 months they will release SQ42 (the single-player game) so they can focus more resources on Star Citizen (the MMO).

Star Citizen the "game" is fun to play with friends right now, but it definitely is alpha-level -> buggy and can crash on you. But it gets better every release (about 4 times a year). Things are looking good, but, people who want to play a finished game should play other stuff, and come back again to look at the progress in a year or so.

Feel free to hit me up with questions, if you have any. I love the game, but, it definitely isn't for everyone.

Reactions: HellGhast

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Starfield is good in areas, but hugely flawed. This should be able to beat it, but who knows, I have no idea of the dev teams ability.
Aaah..good to hear that yet another Bethesda X-bot exclusive has flaws.

As a PlayStation gamer I was stressed that we would be excluded from Bethesda's games coz of Micro$oft's acquisition but turns out we ain't missing much.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaah..good to hear that yet another Bethesda X-bot exclusive has flaws.

As a PlayStation gamer I was stressed that we would be excluded from Bethesda's games coz of Micro$oft's acquisition but turns out we ain't missing much.
It's not an Xbox exclusive just play it on PC

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seriously though, I'm a Chris Roberts fan as I've been playing the Wing Commander games since the first one back in my 486 days. I even bought a Sound Blaster just for the speech pack in WC2.

I really am looking forward to Squadron 42 and hope it turns out well (not interested in Star Citizen).

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately PC gaming does not work for me, too expensive to build a Rig and gaming with a PC on a desk is a cardinal sin to me coz it's no different than slaving away at my crappy job.
you can always connect pc to your tv, but to each their own

Reactions: Skelletonike

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just miss the days of games coming out completed. cartridges or cds that werent appended 20-30x because of bad programming or early release.

the gaming development community needs to turn back the page a bit and focus on quality over quantity for a while to fix this issue where games cant be played for the first 1-2years of their release without being hardcore and having to work through bugs.

just imagine if mario or sonic crashed on the nes or sega. lol

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just miss the days of games coming out completed. cartridges or cds that werent appended 20-30x because of bad programming or early release.

the gaming development community needs to turn back the page a bit and focus on quality over quantity for a while to fix this issue where games cant be played for the first 1-2years of their release without being hardcore and having to work through bugs.

just imagine if mario or sonic crashed on the nes or sega. lol
I agree the problem has gotten way out of hand, but let's not forget ET on the atari 2600 - there were times in the past when games launched totally broken and there was zero recourse to updates to fix that

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately PC gaming does not work for me, too expensive to build a Rig and gaming with a PC on a desk is a cardinal sin to me coz it's no different than slaving away at my crappy job.
I mean... a modern console off sale's barely more expensive than a good PC is on like Cyber Monday... least it isn't peak COVID/NFT season anymore on pricing, eesh.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
you can always connect pc to your tv, but to each their own

I mean... a modern console off sale's barely more expensive than a good PC is on like Cyber Monday... least it isn't peak COVID/NFT season anymore on pricing, eesh.

What's the power consumption of a gaming Pc?

Ps5's 200w draw is already too high for my liking & that's before being coupled to my CX-OLED which draws up to 150w in 4K-120 HDR.

I've seen 3080s draw like 300w and thats the GPU alone without accounting for CPU and RAM power consumption...so maybe 600w pc draw +150w tv total 750w...massive power bill and carbon footprint just for entertainment.

On a minor note a CPU tower in my living room where my CX is located would ruin my Zen or Feng-Shui of said living room, and oh boy that's with Rgb off...I've seen how 'Gaming PCs' look with their glass acrylic cases and garish rainbow colored Rgb fans, rgb Ram, rgb mouse, rgb keyboard, rgb headset...eeeeekkk

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the power consumption of a gaming Pc?

Ps5's 200w draw is already too high for my liking & that's before being coupled to my CX-OLED which draws up to 150w in 4K-120 HDR.

I've seen 3080s draw like 300w and thats the GPU alone without accounting for CPU and RAM power consumption...so maybe 600w pc draw +150w tv total 750w...massive power bill and carbon footprint just for entertainment.

On a minor note a CPU tower in my living room where my CX is located would ruin my Zen or Feng-Shui of said living room, and oh boy that's with Rgb off...I've seen how 'Gaming PCs' look with their glass acrylic cases and garish rainbow colored Rgb fans, rgb Ram, rgb mouse, rgb keyboard, rgb headset...eeeeekkk
The extra power draw leads to better graphics - and energy is cheap where I live at least

Also, the PC's look depends on your preferences

The PS5 however is a giant white router looking thing unless you really go out of your way to fix its awful aesthetics

Reactions: Skelletonike

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto