1. 4,323

Front-page
    Marvels_Avengers_Logo_Full.png

During last night's stream, Square Enix shared what it called "the most in-depth look yet at Marvel’s Avengers". The 25 minutes stream showcased world premier trailers and exclusive footage of Thor's gameplay in his “Once an Avenger” campaign hero mission. Details on the game’s central villain, MODOK (Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing), was also shared during the event. Additionally, the developers shared details the upcoming title's team-based missions, War Zones. The latter is playable either in solo with A.I. team mates or in co-op with up to 4 players.

Here's the full video below:

Developed by Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montréal, with support from Square Enix, Marvel’s Avengers will release simultaneously for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, and PC on September 4, 2020. Square Enix also announced that it will also be available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X when the consoles launch in Holiday 2020. Moreover, players who own the current-gen version of the game will be able to upgrade to the next-gen version at no additional cost and transfer their save files.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
    :arrow: Marvel’s Avengers Official Website

JuanMena, RyRyIV, Mr. Looigi and 2 others like this.
  2. Discussion (36 replies)

3. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Looks interesting.

4. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Argentina
    So basically... inhumans are mutants.

Hey kids play an Avengers game that's actually an X-Men game with a coat of paint due to licencing issues!

RyRyIV, RichardTheKing and Stealphie like this.
  5. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Not really digging it. When even Thor's hits feel like they have no weight to them, there's a serious problem. Not to mention the dialogue just feels kinda lifeless, and obviously the generic faces throw me off a bit too. I think this one is gonna see a lot of "meh" reviews, 6s and 7s out of 10.

6. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    Eidos deserves better, than comic book game

7. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Argentina
    Hey remember Spiderman for the PS4?

The problem is not being a comic book game, the problem is that Square Enix has not made a decent game in ages. And worse this game is outsourced so the Avengers don't look like the Avengers.

8. RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    ...The problem is, the Marvel movies have all but become the depiction of the Avengers, so anything that's not Robert Downey Jr. and stuff just looks weird.
    It'll take some time for this not to look unusual or uncanny.

And, after watching a good minute of this trailer, I can already see something I don't like. Why is it predicated on a girl, of all things? That's another quick way to lose my interest.

Pass.

Last edited by RichardTheKing, Jun 25, 2020
    lampdemon and Silent_Gunner like this.
  9. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    My thing is MODOK being the central villain. They probably are looking to get a trilogy out of this venture, but you're telling me that this thing:

Is gonna be the final boss or the main villain of your first Avengers game? He's no Doctor Doom, Dormammu (the actual Dormammu, not a fucking face with CGI like in Doctor Strange), Loki, Ultron, Apocalypse, or Galactus, that's for sure! I know, don't judge a book by its cover, and I'm admittedly not exactly a comics reader, but this design is kind of hard to take seriously! XD

Xzi likes this.
  10. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

United States
    They do look like the Avengers. I mean, all of them have had very diferent desings in the comics, but everyone of them share some things that are still in those of this game. So yeah, they are pretty much the Avengers. Maybe not the movie ones, but they still are.

Also loved Ms. Marvel here. She's perfect as she's always been. I still wanna see some more of her sense of humor.

11. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    because of copyright issue, they still cannot use the word... "mutants"? seriously? I thought marvel is owned by disney, but whatever

I just realized how underutilized Black Widow is in MCU movies, she never had the chance to show her full potentials as she was overshadowed by the more popular MCU characters such as iron man, thor and captain america

Well I hope when it's released on PC there will be mods to update the character's face to the actors' likeness from MCU movies.

12. RichardTheKing

Australia
    Firstly, the game's Avengers designs. As I mentioned before, what people have gotten used to are the MCU actors, so something that's decidedly not the actors will look strange for quite some time. No getting around that, unlike the DC superheroes, since DC movies haven't become as popular and "part-of-culture" as Marvel is.

Secondly, Ms. Marvel can go suck a car's exhaust. She's been permanently tainted by that god-awful movie of hers, she has. One of the handful of "heroes" I wouldn't mind being utterly erased by Thanos.

lampdemon likes this.
  13. Bedel

United States
    Wow mate wow. You are confusing Ms. Marvel with Captain Marvel. We are talking about Kamala here, not about Danvers. You can chill.
    You should read some comics and forget about the MCU for a lit. The maybe you might enjoy this game.

RyRyIV likes this.
  14. RichardTheKing

Australia
    They're not the same character? Could have sworn "Ms. Marvel" and "Captain Marvel" were the same abominable character...
    Also I don't have any comics stores around me, so I don't know how to "read some comics". Sorry.

15. Bedel

United States
    No, they are not the same. Kamala is Kamala, and Carol is Carol. One is Ms. Marvel, the other is Captain Marvel. And this one is not the one you thought she was.
    And you can use internet to "read some comics" like most people do.

RyRyIV likes this.
  16. RichardTheKing

Australia
    Huh, okay, sure. I defer to your superior knowledge, then.
    Still don't know where to read comics, though.

17. Jonnysert

Jonnysert Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    The more we know about the game, the more promising it gets I’m really satisfied with what Crystal Dynamics had shown

18. hamohamo

hamohamo GBAtemp Regular

Marvel unlimited is your go-to. So so much good shit. If you don't got money use kisscomics.

19. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

United States
    proffk, Ritsuki and Bedel like this.
  20. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    chartube12 likes this.
  21. JuanMena

JuanMena GBAtemp 90's Fan

Mexico
    Woah!
    So far I've been interested in other platforms ASIDE Nintendo for these Marvel Exclusives.

This game hooked me a lot.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Marvel’s, Avengers, gameplay