1. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Chicken Chaser
    Contributor

United States
    But why would you WANT the likes of Ultron, Galactus, or Doom as the boss of your first Avengers game? By comics logic, they are endgame level threats. I think MODOK is a perfectly acceptable first boss if you’re going for a series of games.

But if this becomes a standalone single game, I 100% agree that MODOK would be underwhelming

Silent_Gunner and Bedel like this.
  2. epistaxis

epistaxis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Disney has no excuse to not pay up for likenesses at the very least. These avengers look generic.

3. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    Which, let's be real, this game's gonna be the latter from the looks of things.

But still, Doctor Doom is as much of a threat as Galactus? I know he rips out Thanos' spine, MK-style in one comic, but dang, it's like he's high-top tier not only in MVC, but also in the source material!

4. gohan123

gohan123 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I think crystal dynamics is the wrong studio for such a title and I think going with 1 heroe on a time would be a better decision. the only interesting hero in those trailers is ms marvel, so I would take her alone.

5. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Argentina
    Inhumans are used in the Marvel.Cinematic universe because they can't use mutants due to licensing rights.

And in this game we basically have the bad guy calling Inhumans names mutants usually get and being racist to them... like it usually happens to mutants.

You didn't read the comics during the years she acted like a huge jerk, did you?

Since Disney owns Marvel they could at least make them look like they do in the comics and use their classic looks.

Last edited by raxadian, Jun 26, 2020
  6. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

United States
    I did. And that's part of why I love her and think she's perfect. (I mean, if you mean that time with that guy who could see the future. If not, I don't really know what you could be talking about)

Last edited by Bedel, Jun 26, 2020
  7. BLsquared

BLsquared Game Programmer

United States
    *Facepalm*
    This is one of the biggest problems with these heroes that all have the same name. This is how it goes:
    (Marvel's) original (male) Captain Mar-vell had Carol Danvers as his partner. They called her Ms. Marvel. Captain Mar-vell dies, and several people try to take up the mantle, most recently Carol. Then Kamala became a thing, and based her name and costume on the original Ms. Marvel (Carol) with Carol's permission.
    So yes, you are justified in your confusion. Especially since, until the past 10 years or so, Carol was still called Ms. Marvel.
    Just thought I'd help clear that up.

Last edited by BLsquared, Jun 26, 2020
  8. raxadian

Argentina
    Mostly pre and after Comics Civil War.

Heck she used to be so umpopular that they were perfectly okay with Rogue permanently having her powers for years.

9. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

United States
    i had no idea who Kamala was until after the lego game was released. Marvel was locked out of using mr. fantastic in her first lego game. She was created purely to bring back his power set to marvel comics and related media.

10. Bedel

United States
    Wasn't that Carol and not Kamala who's powers Rogue got? Not the same Ms. Marvel, and not the one in this game...

11. raxadian

Argentina
    That's like saying that Spiderman is Miles Morales.

When people say Miss Marvel they usually mean Carol hence my confusion.

RichardTheKing likes this.
  12. Bedel

United States
    So you didn't see the trailer? You only needed some context. And from years now, ms marvel is Kamala. But well, no big deal mate. Glad we can solve the confusion.

13. raxadian

Argentina
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Marvel_(film)

Yet another point against this game then.

RichardTheKing likes this.
  14. Bedel

United States
    What do you mean? I don't get it unless you are confusing the character of Captain Marvel with Ms. Marvel... I mean I kinda get the confusion, but you seemed to know something about theese characters. It's been explaned b4 here, but let me clarify a bit: there omce existed Captain Mar-vell with Ms. Marvel as companion (Carol). Once he got out of the way, Carol tooked the name Captain Marvel and for some time there were no Ms. Marvel. Later, Kamala (who is inpired by the Avengers and Carol specially) tooked the name Ms. Marvel, and started to be a hero.
    You can read the first Kamala comics for some reference. They are pretty nice, actual fun, and you'll also get why people also call her "the teen wolverine".

15. RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    ...Isn't there an actual teen girl Wolverine? X23, or something?

16. raxadian

Argentina
    Yes.

I dropped reading Marvel Comics ages ago and even I know that.

17. Bedel

United States
    Yeah, but it's not the same here. This is more like an epithet than something literal. It's because her relation with Wolverine. As I said, the best thing you can do is read it. You guys would have so much fun.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Marvel’s, Avengers, gameplay