'Squadron 42', the single-player campaign for 'Star Citizen', is feature complete and entering the polish phase; gets new star-studded trailer

star citizen.jpg

After more than a decade since its announcement and raising over $600 million in crowdfunding, Chris Roberts, head of developer Cloud Imperium Games, has announced that Star Citizen's single-player campaign is feature complete and is entering its polish phase. The announcement came during this year's CitizenCon during which a a 26-minute video was aired showcasing the game's cinematics, gameplay and some insights from the development team. Notably, the trailer features a recognisable cast of characters such as Gary Oldman, Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill and more.

While the new trailer showcases the title's ambition and states that it is being polished, no release date has been provided. Considering Star Citizen's development history, it might take longer than expected to see the full version of Squadron 42.

:arrow: SOURCE

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
The extra power draw leads to better graphics - and energy is cheap where I live at least

Also, the PC's look depends on your preferences

The PS5 however is a giant white router looking thing unless you really go out of your way to fix its awful aesthetics
Weirdly I love the black-white aesthetics of Ps5, I even trolled eBay for a while trying to buy a DeathStranding Ps4 pro which is black-white just to match my Ps4 to Ps5 but it did not make sense spending $400 on a used Ps4, over $500 if a low firmware below 9.00

Anyway energy consumption is important for me, the massively extra power consumption just to improve graphics is not worth it for me.

Besides a pc Atx tower even in muted dark colors will annihilate the look of any living room imo.
Ps5 on the other hand is the center-piece of my entertainment center, glad $ony retained the aesthetics for the new detachable drive Ps5.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Besides a pc Atx tower even in muted dark colors will annihilate the look of any living room imo.
Ps5 on the other hand is the center-piece of my entertainment center, glad $ony retained the aesthetics for the new detachable drive Ps5.
Funny you say that, PS5 is like my PC's little brother. Sits on the opposite end of my desk and is white/black/blue where my PC is white/black/red.

DLSS from what I've seen and experienced is vastly superior to FSR, but Sony's own upscaling tech is superior as well. Best starting point now if you don't already have a PC to upgrade, as you know it'll be supported for the entire generation. There will be a number of UE5 games released with shit performance for a while, but that'll be the case for PC too.

Reactions: HellGhast

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
This game is such a huge red flag. I'll remain skeptical until the time when everything they've shown is actually in the game and are all working properly.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love that this game took so long to develop that all the "insanely realistic" face technology that they were touting in 2013 has just become industry standard at this point, 600 million for a game that could've been made with less than half the budget

also why the celebrities?? i still don't get why so many games do this it's a video game you can make literally anything why put a movie actor in it

Thejax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long-time Star Citizen & SQ42 backer...

Just note that "feature complete" does not mean "optimized", and it definitely does not mean "polished" or "bug-free."

Having said that, this is another step in the right direction. Maybe in 18-24 months they will release SQ42 (the single-player game) so they can focus more resources on Star Citizen (the MMO).

Star Citizen the "game" is fun to play with friends right now, but it definitely is alpha-level -> buggy and can crash on you. But it gets better every release (about 4 times a year). Things are looking good, but, people who want to play a finished game should play other stuff, and come back again to look at the progress in a year or so.

Feel free to hit me up with questions, if you have any. I love the game, but, it definitely isn't for everyone.

This sums up my thoughts on star citizen really well.

The dev team isn’t that big even with all the funding so development is slows

I also have to feel the studio has a “half life 3” problems it’s been in development for so long, people have such high expectations, that they wanna make the game even bigger and better… So it takes even longer and expectations rise more.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaah..good to hear that yet another Bethesda X-bot exclusive has flaws.

As a PlayStation gamer I was stressed that we would be excluded from Bethesda's games coz of Micro$oft's acquisition but turns out we ain't missing much.
It's a good game in areas, but I strongly suspect Microsoft either botted the hell out of places or paid shills and reviewers in some form.

Like I said, it can be enjoyable, but it's far from their best game and was dated at launch. Your really aren't missing much.

Stick with No Man's Sky, which they clearly tried emulate.

Reactions: HellGhast

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
It's a good game in areas, but I strongly suspect Microsoft either botted the hell out of places or paid shills and reviewers in some form.

Like I said, it can be enjoyable, but it's far from their best game and was dated at launch. Your really aren't missing much.

Stick with No Man's Sky, which they clearly tried emulate.
Wow...so after the shit-show that was Redfall Micro$oft instead of supporting Bethesda by adding them even more time and budget to improve Starfield, they instead decide to spend resources to influence and compromise reviews, pathetic.

The Hype-Train Micro$oft built around Starfield also helped influence opinions.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's Bethesda, they have a bunch of people who shill for them free of charge. At least Steam reviews more accurately averaged out to 7/10.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a miserable time with Starfield, not because of bugs or incomplete features, but because of framerate. I wonder if Sq42 will be any better.

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a miserable time with Starfield, not because of bugs or incomplete features, but because of framerate. I wonder if Sq42 will be any better.
We'll see in about 3 years at least, because that's probably how long it will take them to finish the game. Assuming they don't decide to turn around and say: "Oops, we have to cancel the game, because our budget ran out. But please continue to buy our totally-not-NFT-predecessors in Star Citizen so you can pretend you own a spaceship that you can't use."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto