Hacking DSTWO update for Firmware 1.4.1/ 1.4.2 released

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good to see they fixed their mistake quickly.
wink.gif

Now to wait for acekard team fix.

ismaelWii

Trophies
Website
www.ismaro3.es
XP
Country
It's wonderful! I just put the file on the microSD, then the DSTWO on the DSi and it worked instantly!

PD: It is impossible to run DSTWO on 1.4.1 without the microSD xD

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this just proves that the Acekard team need to get back up because im gonna get a supercard if Acekard dont start making some progress, and its kinda sad, AceKard is a awesome name =(

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
LUGiA said:
what's this about 1.4.2 DSi just got 1.4.1 didn't it.
1.4.2 is for Chinese DSis while 1.4.1 is for the other regions if I understand things correctly. Why the different version numbers? - I have no idea.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
1.4.2 is for Chinese DSis while 1.4.1 is for the other regions if I understand things correctly. Why the different version numbers? - I have no idea.
Actually, if I remember correctly, weren't the version numbers slightly different some time ago? I feel like there was this one point in time that a similar thing happened...or maybe that was for the wii...(or maybe I'm just going nuts now xD)...

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see....this isn't an actual update to the card's built-in firmware. Kind of interesting, I'd like to know more about what the dat file actually IS then. From the forum:
QUOTE said:
DSTWO upgrade in THREE methods:
1. There is a *.dat file copy to MicroSD, DSTWO can auto detect it and run it. Now we use now.

If DSTWO be blocked.
2. DSTWO rather special designed, just replace a system file in MicroSD can jailbreak DSi.

If method 2 also don’t work
3. DSTWO has powerful built-in CPU. Even it has been totally blocked by DSi. Just insert the DSTWO into the DSi, the DSi provide the power to the slot 1, DSTWO CPU still can get power from it, than, DSTWO CPU can run a special upgrade file in MicroSD.

Tips: Method 2 and 3 should have a built-in CPU which DSTWO has.

Those worried about a possibility of bricking shouldn't be, anyway, since it's not writing anything to the flashcart. Just thought I'd mention that on the thread since I know a few people were worried because the last time an honest actual firmware upgrade was released, some people had issues with it.

Greatforce

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LUGiA said:
what's this about 1.4.2 DSi just got 1.4.1 didn't it.

1.4.1 Blocked the most common Flashcards. Later the day, Version 1.4.2 was released in japany. blocked the rest of the flashcards

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
shango46 said:
If I had a DSTWO I would test this out, but I have an Acekard 2i, so no luck. I am staying with 1.4 unless I am forced to upgrade (unlikely).

You're enver forced to upgrade. If you have a flashcart, you don't even need to update ever. I am still on 1.3 and there is no problem with it. New versions offer nothing new, except nintendo shop for games, but all the games there just suck.

Beside, I can't connect to internet, the DS/DSi uses WEP encryption only. Why would I make my router unsecured by using a WEP key when I am using a WAP key? I wouldn't change the encryption just for something so useless.

DSi can use WPA for native apps. This includes updating, the shop, and the web browser.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
Why does Nintendo even bother? Two updates in one day, both defeated within the day.
So that the companies investing in Nintendo and making games for them don't sit back and think "Nintendo doesn't care about piracy, so I'll take my games to another company!"

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Krestent said:
Why does Nintendo even bother? Two updates in one day, both defeated within the day.
There isn't 2 updates in one day but one update for all countries.
China iQue DSi was already in 1.4.1C months ago. It's logically the 1.4.2C that they get.

Now why the iQue DSi is in advance, i have no clue.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Krestent said:
So that the companies investing in Nintendo and making games for them don't sit back and think "Nintendo doesn't care about piracy, so I'll take my games to another company!"
That's part of it. Also...of COURSE they want to try to stop piracy. Once someone is in the system though it gets much harder to keep them out, so it's pretty much an uphill battle for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom