Hacking DSTWO update for Firmware 1.4.1/ 1.4.2 released

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So u guys did which one first?

a) copy the file that SC told u to replace on the EOS?
b) update to 1.4.1

a or b first?

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same success here. I updated less than 24 hours ago (pretty much the instant the update servers worked) and my DSTWO works again. w00t! Sorry ninty, better luck with the 3ds?

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haddad said:

b) update to 1.4.1

a or b first?

You can do either, but logically I would update the Supercard first. The Supercard updates it's own firmware independantly of the DSi, it only uses it for power. The update will work even if you have already updated your DSi to firmware 1.4.1.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haddad said:

b) update to 1.4.1

a or b first?
It shouldn't matter, as long as you do the waiting thing you did to get it to work.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
squirrelman10 said:
so wait where am i putting this .dat file? is it in the _scds2 files and i just look for that and replace it with this new one? also will adding this new .dat file still work on 1.4?
Put it in the _dstwo folder, replacing the old one. It should still work on 1.4.

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o2oxygen said:
what icon does DS2 uses before? and after this update?
Fish tycoon. before, after, and during. After I updated, the Fish Tycoon icon still showed up, but I got an error message telling me to look in the DSi troubleshooting manual. (incidentally, I had been getting this error sometimes a couple of days before the update, but it was constantly showing up after) with the patch I downloaded from the chinese forum (thank you Chrome and your auto-detect google translate) it works without a hitch , still using the same Fish Tycoon icon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...