OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Posted on their English forums by an Administrator:

QUOTE said:
To use: download the .zip file and copy "system1.dat" to "root/_dstwo"folder and replace the same-name file.

Download the international version of the update here. This will update your DSTWO even if your DSi has already been updated to 1.4.1. There's a mention of a DSONEi update for next week.

They have one international update for those DSTWO carts which have English writing on the front of the cart, and another Chinese update for those that have Chinese writing on the front cart. Ensure you use the correct file, the file linked above is the international version for our carts.

icon11.gif
Source

The original post on the Chinese Supercard forum also by their Administrator:.

QUOTEDSTWO firmware upgrade to support the latest firmware 1.41 & 1.42C DS
DSONEi?????????DSONEi?????????????~ DSONEi make up will be trouble spots, DSONEi will release the corresponding firmware upgrade next week ~

DSTWO????????? ? DSTWO upgrade mode actually has three:
????????????????????1.05??? Now see only one, that is, long before the 1.05 firmware upgrade too.

????????????DSTWO?????????FLASH???????TF????????NDSI??~ The upgraded model with the second, DSTWO rather special, no need to upgrade FLASH program, simply replace the TF card file, you can upgrade ~ should NDSI

?????????????????????? The third model: extreme is totally blocked in the case. ????dstwo??ds?????CPU???????? Just insert the card into the ds dstwo host CPU to perform the upgrade command directly. ?????????????????????????? In fact, and computer theory, is that a power lead boot the computer to restore the system.

??????????????~ The updated firmware can be upgraded without ~ ?????????????????CPU?????~~ The second and third upgrade mode, which requires built-in CPU can do ~ ~

????????????????? Note: Chinese and multi-language version is not common! ??~~????????~ Remember ~ ~ Oh ~ that would otherwise black screen error
Q????????????? Q: I do not know what version?
A???DSTWO??????????????????????????2in1???????? A: See DSTWO card sticker, if you write the Chinese words that is the Chinese version, written 2in1 is multi-language version.

???? ???????????system1.dat???TF??_dstwo????????????????? Usage: After downloading extract the archive copy will system1.dat TF card _dstwo folder directory, replace the cover with the same name files.

icon11.gif
Source
Google Translation

edit:

To clear the 1.4.1/ 1.4.2 issue up, there are 4 releases of firmware 1.4.1. You have 1.4.1A (Australia), 1.4.1E (Europe), 1.4.1J (Japan), and 1.4.1U (US). 1.4.2C is only for China, doesn't not block any additional flashcarts other than those which 1.4.1X blocks, and has not been seen outside of China.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stab244 said:
Based on what I can tell, this only works on the Chinese version of the SCDS2.

I was wondering if that were the case, what matters is they have a workaround. I imagine they doing an international version of it right now.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shango46 said:
If I had a DSTWO I would test this out, but I have an Acekard 2i, so no luck. I am staying with 1.4 unless I am forced to upgrade (unlikely).

You're enver forced to upgrade. If you have a flashcart, you don't even need to update ever. I am still on 1.3 and there is no problem with it. New versions offer nothing new, except nintendo shop for games, but all the games there just suck.

Beside, I can't connect to internet, the DS/DSi uses WEP encryption only. Why would I make my router unsecured by using a WEP key when I am using a WAP key? I wouldn't change the encryption just for something so useless.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
stab244 said:
Based on what I can tell, this only works on the Chinese version of the SCDS2.

I was wondering if that were the case, what matters is they have a workaround. I imagine they doing an international version of it right now.
I was just reading the Engrish translations and that's what I gathered. Not gonna test though since 1) Don't want to risk damaging my new toy (just got it yesterday whoo) and 2) don't want to update and find out it won't be updated (not that I would doubt that SC team would update it to work).

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They have now posted the same file on their english forums http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-7008-1-1.html same file as at in the Chinese post except is has an english readme.

Download here

QUOTE said:
Usage: After downloading extract the archive copy will system1.dat Micro SD card _dstwo folder directory, replace the cover with the same name files.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then I guess I was wrong. And that was just fast. It's like those people don't sleep at all (granted it's daylight there now).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
shango46 said:
If I had a DSTWO I would test this out, but I have an Acekard 2i, so no luck. I am staying with 1.4 unless I am forced to upgrade (unlikely).

You're enver forced to upgrade. If you have a flashcart, you don't even need to update ever. I am still on 1.3 and there is no problem with it. New versions offer nothing new, except nintendo shop for games, but all the games there just suck.

Beside, I can't connect to internet, the DS/DSi uses WEP encryption only. Why would I make my router unsecured by using a WEP key when I am using a WAP key? I wouldn't change the encryption just for something so useless.
Actually the DSi can use WPA for it's functions, such as the shop and web browser...
Just not any DS game functions.

And go supercard team. X3

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Giga_Gaia said:
The DSi uses WPA (well not for multiplayer, but it still uses it). You can use WPA to update your DSi if you wanted.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got it fixed cuz YayMii is a genius >_<

And has ANYONE already updated to 1.4.1 and tested if this works? And do we copy the system file into the microsd card then update? Or update then copy the system file into the microsd card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself