Hacking DSTWO on the 3DS

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may have been answered somewhere else before, but I'd like to know. If I use the DSTWO on a 3DS, does the 3DS register it as such? Or does it just register it as whatever game they think it is?

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it will be in ur activity logbook of the game it shows when u boot up the ds2 on any other ds

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then, judging from that, it's safe to use a DSTWO on a 3DS? Without risk of getting banned(or if Nintendo really wants to even dare, bricked)?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
shinkukage09 said:
So then, judging from that, it's safe to use a DSTWO on a 3DS? Without risk of getting banned(or if Nintendo really wants to even dare, bricked)?
There is a chance of some sort of penalty for flashcard use, although it is unlikely. The update is only about 3 weeks away so waiting is a smart choice, though.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if you never go online with the 3DS though
wink.gif

I don't like online games, so DSTWO on 3DS good choice?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DSTWO shows up as "Alex Rider: Stormbreaker" and will appear in the activity log as such.
But there is still a risk of something happening after the big May update. Just sit tight until after we get reports about the big update.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Assume that banning is likely.

From what service(s)? Granted, I have not had my DS2 or my 3DS for very long, but what would allow the console to differentiate between Alex Rider: Stormbreaker and a DS TWO with a rom header of the same game? The Activity Log only shows Alex Rider in there, so unless there is some hidden verification method that the 3DS uses that was built into old carts and never used, I don't think banning from anything is likely at the moment. Gonna clear my activity log and not use mine anymore (though sensibly, clearing the act-log would do nothing)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
plasma dragon007 said:
Rydian said:
Assume that banning is likely.
From what service(s)? Granted, I have not had my DS2 or my 3DS for very long, but what would allow the console to differentiate between Alex Rider: Stormbreaker and a DS TWO with a rom header of the same game? The Activity Log only shows Alex Rider in there, so unless there is some hidden verification method that the 3DS uses that was built into old carts and never used, I don't think banning from anything is likely at the moment. Gonna clear my activity log and not use mine anymore (though sensibly, clearing the act-log would do nothing)
It's been shown that the PS3 sends more logs than people thought they did before, so it's likely the 3DS (which we know way less about) has some tricks to it.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
It's been shown that the PS3 sends more logs than people thought they did before, so it's likely the 3DS (which we know way less about) has some tricks to it.

First, I realzed that by the time the update rolls out, my DS will still be within the return period. If it bricks, I'll exchange it as defective *shrug* So no point anyway to sotp using the card because what is done is done.

Anyway, I'm not saying that you're wrong, just want to make sure you know that. I just don't think that baning of any sort is likely though because this (theoretically, as far as I know at least) means that they would have (presumably) planned a few years ahead while making the rom headers for original DS games having sorts of extra checks and variables to show whether it is a rom or original. Basically, I'm not saying it can't happen, but if it can happen it should have already happened and been implemented in the DSi since it has an updateable SM, but it hasn't.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TechnoWorm said:
whoa,... Can't believe its May already.....
Anybody know when they'll release the may update?
If I had to take an educated guess (based on previous Wii/DSi updates and 3DS news), it would either be released on the 23rd or 25th. Why? Many sources say it's coming in late May, and the major Wii/DSi updates have (for the most part) been released on Mondays or Wednesdays.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
plasma dragon007 said:
I just don't think that baning of any sort is likely though because this (theoretically, as far as I know at least) means that they would have (presumably) planned a few years ahead while making the rom headers for original DS games having sorts of extra checks and variables to show whether it is a rom or original.
There's a lot more to check than just the game name/icon, it's just often not done due to space issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hi