DSTT Rom Issues...

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by redundant, Jan 5, 2008.

Jan 5, 2008

DSTT Rom Issues... by redundant at 10:05 AM (3,975 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. redundant
    OP

Newcomer redundant Member

Hey Guys, I recently migrated from an R4 because of the crazy cheap cost and supposedly perfect compatibility, however I am having more than a few problems getting my card setup. First off Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and Worms 2: open warfare will not load. For UMK3, I get black screens after loading the rom. This happens both when I trim and when I do not. For Worms 2, it says cannot find the save file and forces me to reset, in some other instances I have gotten it to load but it never fully completes loading. I have a JPN 2gb kingston card so I doubt that can be the problem as other games on my card run fine.

Anybody else having problems with these two roms?

2. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    upgrade to latest loader, which may have fixed some of them (i think worms was)

those games require the arm 7 fix, which must be applied manually. i'm sure there is a guide somewhere int the forums here.

R4 doesn't have perfect compatibility lol.

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States

Yeah, make sure to fix them with the ARM7 Fix and upgrade to latest DSTT firmware.

You can find loathsome's ARM7 Fix topic here

Edit: Oops, meant DSTT instead of R4.

4. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    hmm this seems like the same problem im having with my sisters dstt, pokemon diamond/pearl and some other games will not load because it cannot create save file, will this arm7 fix this issue?

5. redundant
    OP

Newcomer redundant Member

ARM7 did allow the games to boot and play fine, however they take a while to boot. How are you guys getting these games to run without the arm7 fix? I am using a JPN 2gb kingston with the newest firmware and it takes forever to load these games =/

6. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Both Mortal Kombat and Worms 2 works perfectly fine on my DSTT. I have NEVER ever had to do any ARM7 fix with any games.

Possibly your backups are already patched with an arm7 fix so the DSTT gets confused. Use a clean dump.

7. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    no im having problems with some other games, i get an error saying something like "cannot create save file" for games like pokemon diamond/pearl/link and i think a couple more, so im tryin to figure out what it could be...?

8. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i know this is thread is old, but now i'm having the same problem with UMK3. i wasn't having this problem before updating to kernel 1.08

when i load the game it just goes to black

EDIT: never mind. i just remembered i had to replace all my files because they were showing as duplicates, i might of had a patched file before.

EDIT: nope, i tried arm7 it still doesn't work. i think i'm gonna downgrade to 1.07 again.