Hacking dsonei firmware writer?

crs-chris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi ive been on this forum for a while now but ive never really goten to making an account

but anyways i bought my dsonei from dealextreme and it arrived today. i understand that im not gonna need the firmware writer until nintendo blocks the flashcarts later but i tried plugging in the writer into my computer and it didnt recognize it. a red light went on on the writer but nothing came up on the computer. is it defective? do i have to return it? or will the supercard team release some program that will be able to read it?

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The writer only supplies power. It's not meant to be an interface between the card and the PC. If the light came on, I'd say it's working correctly.

I may be wrong but that is what I have gotten from posts that others have made (I don't own a DSOnei myself).

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Exactly. The USB port is just for providing the power. To update your Super Card you have to put the update file on the micro sd card slot, plug it in the supercard, plug the supercard into the firmware writer and then to the computer so it automatically updates the device - whichever OS you're using.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.