dsonei firmware writer?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by crs-chris, Jul 20, 2009.

Jul 20, 2009

dsonei firmware writer? by crs-chris at 11:03 PM (1,007 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. crs-chris
    OP

Newcomer crs-chris Newbie

United States
    hi ive been on this forum for a while now but ive never really goten to making an account

but anyways i bought my dsonei from dealextreme and it arrived today. i understand that im not gonna need the firmware writer until nintendo blocks the flashcarts later but i tried plugging in the writer into my computer and it didnt recognize it. a red light went on on the writer but nothing came up on the computer. is it defective? do i have to return it? or will the supercard team release some program that will be able to read it?

2. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Contact Super Card. Or call your Reseller.

3. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The writer only supplies power. It's not meant to be an interface between the card and the PC. If the light came on, I'd say it's working correctly.

I may be wrong but that is what I have gotten from posts that others have made (I don't own a DSOnei myself).

4. ilovengage

Member ilovengage GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    Exactly. The USB port is just for providing the power. To update your Super Card you have to put the update file on the micro sd card slot, plug it in the supercard, plug the supercard into the firmware writer and then to the computer so it automatically updates the device - whichever OS you're using.

5. crs-chris
    OP

Newcomer crs-chris Newbie

United States
    oooooh alright thanks alot