Hardware UnModded Bricked Wii-U

gumshoeboomer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello.

I had recently just powered up my Wii-U today after not using it for a couple years or so and it had booted up and worked perfectly fine, this was until I had been in the Wii home menu and had selected the Wii-U channel and tried to return to the Wii-U menu. This brought me to the Wii-U splash screen and it started infinitely looping. It would play the same jingle over and over again on the gamepad and nothing I did seemed to alter this state, so I decided to power the entire system down thinking when I turned it on it would boot back up like normal.

After attempting to boot it up, I experienced what I've seen or heard in my research to be the BLOD or blue/blinking light of death. The red light turns to blue only to begin flashing every second and you can hear the fan spin up and feel it blow out air. The disc eject button does not function and the gamepad can't even recognize console to connect, neither will controllers. I've attempted an old fix I had seen where you unplug the TV and the systems power cord and HDMI, opting to plug them back in after a bit of time and then power cycling the console. This did not work for me.

I bring this up even with citing that I've done research because all of the forum posts and questions online I see about this issue were posted many of years ago, with the most recent I found dating back to 2020. I know the Wii-U's modding scene has rapidly changed throughout the past few years and so I was wondering if there was any sort of easy or manageable fix found for this issue given that Nintendo has given up fixing these consoles?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch