Gaming DSiware on Lite?

Causton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'm just wondering but has anyone managed to or will possibly be able to get dsiware games on lite's and phats using flashcarts?

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSi has more memory, faster processor, 2 cameras and an SD card slot.

You would probably have to emulate it, and emulation on a previous system = fail.

Reactions: Stealphie

EliteKill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joey90 said:
DSi has more memory, faster processor, 2 cameras and an SD card slot.

You would probably have to emulate it, and emulation on a previous system = fail.

Most DSiWare title probably won't use any resources the DSi has over the DSL and Phat. If a team manages to run a DSiWare on a DSL/Phat flashcart, it will be amazing.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not possible and never will be. This has been asked hundreds of times. DSiWare runs off of the DSi Firmware like an Operating system so it would be impossible for the DS Phat or Lite to ever run them.

EliteKill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There might be a way. If some dumper/hacker manages to get the DSiWare as a NDS file, it will be playable on all flashcarts (technically).

Actually, it makes sense that DSiWare is composed of NDS files because Nintendo already made a hardware that can read it...

So what I'm saying is that it might be done if dumped especially for that purpose.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
EliteKill said:
There might be a way. If some dumper/hacker manages to get the DSiWare as a NDS file, it will be playable on all flashcarts (technically).

Actually, it makes sense that DSiWare is composed of NDS files because Nintendo already made a hardware that can read it...

So what I'm saying is that it might be done if dumped especially for that purpose.

No, there is no way. The DSi and DS are far to different. When a DS loads a game, it clears all memory and the game itself runs on its own. Basically the game acts like the Operating System and has to handle everything including ahrdware support, wifi, touch screen detection and so on. With the DSi and DSi games and DSiWare, the apps get loaded on top of the DSi Firmware. The Firmware acts like an operating system while the DSiWare runs off it. Its like running a pogram off Windows XP. So it would be impossible for a DSiWare to un by itself and requires the DSi firmware to load it.

Before you ask, no, its not possible for the DS Lite or Phat to emulate the DSi and no its not possible to hack the DS Lite or Phat to run the DSi firmware. The DS firmware is only 256 Kilobytes while the DSi firmware has 10 megabytes of on bioard memory it can use. Its simply not possible.

KGBEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This reply its soooo late but on the next version of NDS-Bootstrap you will can play DSiware on a ds phat or lite!

Sorry, can you elaborate that?
I'm not updated with the latest hacks for the nintendo's handhelds. Although I know it's currently possible to run r*ms direct from dsi without use of flaschards, only using the sd-card into dsi's regular sdcard slot.
Still I don't if this dsi method is worth or not, I mean compatibility issue or something else.

KplyAsteroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
TWilight menu++ use NDS-Bootstrap for run games. twilight menu can be used on a flashcard. on the ds. you can try. the only 2 DSiware titles than you can play are -Pop Island
and -Pop Island: Paperfield. but need a special configuration.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Stop. There is no way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1