Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang
biggrin.gif
Best news in awhile. I just got a cheap flashcart a couple months ago (iTouch2) so I am not too out of money. I am very happy that i will finally see DSi specific homebrew popping out
biggrin.gif
Maybe some music streaming applications, or some great emulators, and then there's the all important Video/Voice chat, or Picture/Voice/Text chat. There are tons of oppourtunities for Homebrew
biggrin.gif

Cheers to the Twiizers
biggrin.gif

luisedgarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SifJar said:
jaxxster said:
Thats gunna be what everyone wants really, a soft mod so they can launch roms from the sd slot.
not really. many will want homebrew, not piracy. some of us like to abide by the law, and also support developers. Maybe someday you too will learn integrity.

Not everyone lives in a Common Law country, dude.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! It came a year sooner than expect! Tweezers you rock!

Although I hope they decide to wait and make a sort of DSi bootmii and HBC and release them at the same time to keep alot of DSi's from getting bricked (of course they would only be able to be bricked after they come out with homebrew that messes with the DSi's firmware).

Adding the that blog entry to my sig!

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally! Now current flash carts can use the same debugging mode soon enough, and we will finally have OS systems made for the DSi!

What I am really more happy about is that, the flash cart possibilities. Once homebrew does so too, DSi's will be top-of-the-line in a very short time.

I just hope the coding isn't too tough though, so that flashcarts are actually willing to use it. Well, we will see soon enough..

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif
This actually might discourage me from spending so much on a M3i and get a cheaper flashcart.
frown.gif
?

@chao1212 Hey it will be worth while to me with my DS Phat and about 2 hr battery life. Yeah so it's worth getting to some.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
smile.gif
This actually might discourage me from spending so much on a M3i and get a cheaper flashcart.
frown.gif
?

@chao1212 Hey it will be worth while to me with my DS Phat and about 2 hr battery life. Yeah so it's worth getting to some.

I'm still going to get the M3i0 because:

1. It will probably take atleast 3 months to make something out of the exploit
2. It won't be released for awhile (they'll probably wait til they have a homebrew channel)
3. They're probably going to try and find a better exploit that either doesn't involve a game or involves a more popular game.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i get some use out of mine. i needed to replace my lost ds lite and i like the camera. besides, if u know how to use homebrew right, it might be able to replace some of your other electronics...

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
chao1212 said:
[...]No, it wasn't. I have one, it sucks. Augmented Reality, anyone?

This is a brillant idea.
I would definitly buy an homebrew enabled DSi, especially hacked by team Twiizers. Let's just hope it will someday work without an Arduino!

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RiderLeangle said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
SNN said:
Well this is great! I can't believe we have an exploit so early into the DSi's lifetime.
It's already been nearly a year.
tongue.gif
yes because the distance between april and july is a full year

The DSi has been out in Japan alot longer then it has been in the USA. People have been working on hacking it for quite a while.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haha, if I can buy an M3 Zero and update it for this then yay DSi homebrew! Better Internet browsers! Better media playback! Better tons of things!

(I actually found out about this through PharaohsVizier's MSN nick: DSi CRACKED?? Then I ask someone to check for me since I was using IM on my phone and I'm quite surprised. But what about the common key?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1