Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick-zeno said:
Yasu's was tiff

TT's was hardware

TT's wasnt hardware. it was there for debugging and helping in the hacking process, but the actual exploit does not require it. now that the exploit has been found, it is no longer needed.

QUOTE(jackdanielchan @ Jul 10 2009, 09:57 AM) So does anyone know how we're gonna be able to use this, especially without the dongle?... I'm sure something will pop-up though, I mean look at Bootmii, it had a dongle at first but then they released an IOS version, hope this happens too...

bootmii never needed a "dongle" it was always completely software. and what has the IOS version got to do with anything? The boot2 version is software and requires no hardware.

Raichy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Akiyo said:
seeing that unlike the DS, the DSi does not have a game boy advance mode - hence all its' juice and power, once harnessed, can be maximized.

I see potential GBA emulation here.

I forgot who said it, but to have something to be emulated, the Emulator itself need to run at 7~9times the speed of the emulated.

And check this.

GBA's Spec: 16.8mhz 32kb + 96kb VRAM and 256kb WRAM
DSi's Spec: 133mhz(around 8 times faster) + 16mb of ram.

I.. don't think that there is any kind of general rule for emulation, or is there?

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Raichy said:
Akiyo said:
seeing that unlike the DS, the DSi does not have a game boy advance mode - hence all its' juice and power, once harnessed, can be maximized.

I see potential GBA emulation here.

I forgot who said it, but to have something to be emulated, the Emulator itself need to run at 7~9times the speed of the emulated.

And check this.

GBA's Spec: 16.8mhz 32kb + 96kb VRAM and 256kb WRAM
DSi's Spec: 133mhz(around 8 times faster) + 16mb of ram.

I.. don't think that there is some kind of general rule for emulation, or is there?

Absolutely not. There are so many things that have influence on that: programming skill, the hardware itself, the hardware to be emulated, the operating system (if one is needed), ...

T

tal32123

lithium210 said:
Would be nice if one day you could load backups off your nds, dsiware & even gba games all from the SD slot. When that happens, then i'll get myself a dsi! in the meantime, i love my ds w/acekard 2 & akaio! Good job to the team for cracking the dsi!!

don't tease yourself get a dsi now.......come on ninty is waiting
QUOTE(RiderLeangle @ Jul 9 2009, 07:52 PM) BTW, Video is possible but it won't be the best quality, I would still like to have a video recorder that's portable.

so we can video conference if someone makes a homebrew for it!!! or hopefully dsi store will sell some app that has really good quality!!! i hate skype for not doing it though:(

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZenRo said:
The one thing I find odd about the video is that he doesnt load up a save file before the logo pops up on the top screen.

It would seem that the vulnerability comes from the game its self, maybe in the form of a buffer overflow.

But since he didnt load up a save file before the logo it leads me to believe that Team Twiizers are robots, from the future, sent to the past.

Anyway, its awsome, any news on how this is going? Or are we just waiting for the next Twiiz vid?

Actually when he clicks "Select a Profile" that's basically loading the save right there.

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
jackdanielchan said:
So does anyone know how we're gonna be able to use this, especially without the dongle?... I'm sure something will pop-up though, I mean look at Bootmii, it had a dongle at first but then they released an IOS version, hope this happens too...

bootmii never needed a "dongle" it was always completely software. and what has the IOS version got to do with anything? The boot2 version is software and requires no hardware.
No Hardware at all? What do you call an SD card then?

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RiderLeangle said:
No Hardware at all? What do you call an SD card then?

No special hardware i guess i should have said. but anyone who uses homebrew has an sd card. its impossible to run homebrew without one. and before you say HBC supports USB, you an SD card to install HBC. And yes you could have borrowed one, but come on - many apps only support SD, not USB, so if you use homebrew, you most likely will have an SD card. and anyway, you're just being pernickity
tongue.gif

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I was obviously trying to make a joke there.
And if this game is required I hope all it is to install it would be just save files on the SD card and then I'd rent the game at best. So let's hope theres some kind of data management installer (like the DSi's answer to BannerBomb).
I mean at least Twilight Princess was a good game

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
DeltaBurnt said:
Sarvesh50 said:
is this a dsi mode hack or just a edited rom?

Well right now there's no way to tell it's dsi mode...but it's team twiizers they made the Wii's Homebrew Channel I'd take there word for it.

It is DSi mode. On HackMii Sven wrote
QUOTE(Sven @ Jul 9 2009, 10:40 AM)
wilsonsblogspace: It’s actually running in DSi mode. We were able to dump the full 16 MB of RAM using this exploit.

And there is currently no way to tell that this is dsi mode by just watching this video. You’ll have to trust us and/or wait for some information.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
Everything posted here means nothing to me... I don't understand a word of it.

So, in order to get DSi Mode working, we need the hack, duh. But how are we supposed to use this hack, I understand the arduino is for debugging purposes, but is a regular flashcart with an updated firmware sufficient? (M3i Zero for example). Or will we need to buy a completely new flashcart?

I'll be pretty pissed off if I will need another one, right after buying my second flashcart this month. (My AK packed up after a few days so I pre-ordered the zero).

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
computerboy said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Sarvesh50 said:
is this a dsi mode hack or just a edited rom?

Well right now there's no way to tell it's dsi mode...but it's team twiizers they made the Wii's Homebrew Channel I'd take there word for it.

It is DSi mode. On HackMii Sven wrote
wilsonsblogspace: It’s actually running in DSi mode. We were able to dump the full 16 MB of RAM using this exploit.

And there is currently no way to tell that this is dsi mode by just watching this video. You’ll have to trust us and/or wait for some information.

Note that the bolded statement is pretty much the same thing I said In my post.

QUOTE(Placeholder @ Jul 10 2009, 04:04 PM)
Everything posted here means nothing to me... I don't understand a word of it.

So, in order to get DSi Mode working, we need the hack, duh. But how are we supposed to use this hack, I understand the arduino is for debugging purposes, but is a regular flashcart with an updated firmware sufficient? (M3i Zero for example). Or will we need to buy a completely new flashcart?

I'll be pretty pissed off if I will need another one, right after buying my second flashcart this month. (My AK packed up after a few days so I pre-ordered the zero).

No this hack doesn't require any flashcart (or it shouldn't especially since Twiizers doesn't like piracy), so when it comes out you won't need one. But don't go canceling your preorder just yet they probably won't release this hack for awhile and when it does get hacked there won't automatically be some rom loader...it will take some time...just like the usb loader did.

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There's another Nintendo DSi homebrew exploit, running in DS mode (with an DS game, not DSi game). Here's the video made by Blashteh:

From DSiBrew:

DSiBrew said:
This type of exploit is undesirable because all DSi functionality, such as usage of the cameras, is unavailable to homebrew.
Blasteh (Blasty) has posted a video on Youtube showing code being run in DS mode on the DSi using Fifa '08.

What did you think about another DSi homebrew exploit?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
antonkan said:
There's another Nintendo DSi homebrew exploit, running in DS mode (with an DS game, not DSi game). Here's the video made by Blashteh:

From DSiBrew:

DSiBrew said:
This type of exploit is undesirable because all DSi functionality, such as usage of the cameras, is unavailable to homebrew.
Blasteh (Blasty) has posted a video on Youtube showing code being run in DS mode on the DSi using Fifa '08.

What did you think about another DSi homebrew exploit?
This time its different.
DS Games run in DS mode! But this time its DSi mode!

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the exploit above is old news, and was never developed into anything useful, probably because it was in DS mode not DSi mode. Theoretically you probably could have made a very simple system whereby you could patch a one file homebrew game into the fifa save, then transfer, then use it to run a piece of homebrew, but really, theres no point. better just to wait for a dsi mode exploit, such as the one this thread is in fact about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out