desumodnoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Then we should probably try and find our own way to crack it, you never know we might get some kind of break through before they do. Then we'd be famous. Mwuhahahaha!

Desu, what you could do is start coding the actual channel then wait for an exploit to come out. Of course you would have no way to test it unless you made a DSi emulator specifically to test it.
One problem, we don't know HOW the DSi reads the DSiWare... yet.
unsure.gif

sorry for the double post...

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
What's that supposed to mean? I doubt the DSi would just suddenly brick for trying to play a game that doesn't match your DSi.

The goal stated in this thread is to install your own content. If you install unsigned garbage into a system directory, you'll brick.

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I can't wait to see how this develops

btw, I'd love to be a beta tester, thought I can't program (I'm learning, but I don't think I could see your level if I had a times 1,000,000 telescope) However I can do GFX stuff (making logos and menus and all that stuff) so I could help with that

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
DeltaBurnt said:
What's that supposed to mean? I doubt the DSi would just suddenly brick for trying to play a game that doesn't match your DSi.

The goal stated in this thread is to install your own content. If you install unsigned garbage into a system directory, you'll brick.

Hmm...I suppose. But that's what beta testers are for >:D

desumodnoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, along with the DSi Homebrew Channel installing homebrew DSiWare, we would also like it to be sort of like a free AK2i. (PLay DS ROMs and GBA ROMs)

B

ball2012003

i hope all goes well with this and that we soon see this being released
(typing this on my dsi)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone involved in this even have experience of hacking/cracking? There's alot more involved in what you're trying to do then just hex editing files. You're going to need some serious electronics knowledge.

swimmeringer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Does anyone involved in this even have experience of hacking/cracking? There's alot more involved in what you're trying to do then just hex editing files. You're going to need some serious electronics knowledge.

Yeah, we seem to have about 5 pages of beta testers and 3, maybe 4 coders, and we don't know if any of them are any good (no offense)... We need people willing to do stuff instead of people looking for an early release.

(also I'm a beta tester... But I am learning to code, so cut me some slack. And I've been doing a lot of research on technical stuff... but nothing will help in this stage. Or probably ever.)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
swimmeringer said:
TrolleyDave said:

Yeah, we seem to have about 5 pages of beta testers and 3, maybe 4 coders, and we don't know if any of them are any good (no offense)... We need people willing to do stuff instead of people looking for an early release.

(also I'm a beta tester... But I am learning to code, so cut me some slack. And I've been doing a lot of research on technical stuff...)

Being able to code doesn't equal being able to crack/hack though, and no offense but someone who's just learning to code definitely won't be able to do something like this. Do you actually know how a hardware/software exploit works? Have you studied up on how exploits were found on other consoles/software?

swimmeringer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know. Like I said I'm just beginning on everything, but I plan on studying it all. But I don't know why I keep posting in this thread; I'm pretty useless right now.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not just aimed at you mate, it just seems reading through this that the people involved think they're going to manage to find an exploit through simple hex viewing/editing of files. You'll need low level knowledge of how the DSi works to pull off the exploit. Coding the channel I can believe some people here with some programming knowledge could do, but from what I can see nobody actually has a clue when it comes to finding exploits.

If you've got a Wii study up on bushings material and see if you can recreate some of his stuff. If you've got an xbox 1 then read up on how the softmod exploits were found and see if you can recreate that yourself. Otherwise it's like the blind leading the blind using pitbull terriers if you see what I mean.

L

lilkerv90210

Trolley makes a good point..

Why dnt u help out Trolley...im just askn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1