I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShamusHand said:
@DeltaBurnt - Unfortunately, we'd need to find an exploit in the system that allows us to load a homebrew/DSiWare loader into the DSi, like tha Wii with the Twilight Hack. In the DSi only the music player and camera read off the SD, and very strictly (If you edit one of the DSi's photos from the SD card, the DSi will refuse to display it). It would just be easier to put the loader in the flashcard for now, even if it has to be used only once (like the Twilight Hack). Priority is to get the hack going, then we simplify it later.
rolleyes.gif

Yah but the whole project is based around and basically is being able to run NDS Roms, GBA Roms, and Homebrew via just an SD card and no flashcart. That's why the OP has been trying to decompile DSiWare and finding an exploit or way to trick the DSi's ticketing system.

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
You can't simply "trick" the DSi. Read about the tweezers attack and how things worked on the Wii. Being able to code in C++ just isn't enough. You have to know how stuff works.

player1244

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
snikerz said:
You can't simply "trick" the DSi. Read about the tweezers attack and how things worked on the Wii. Being able to code in C++ just isn't enough. You have to know how stuff works.

You're right, but some are searching how to trick an DSi. Sure, it's not easy, but if people are finding it the homebrew scene can begin
smile.gif

desumodnoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I have been working for 3 days trying to figure out how to mount the DSi ware games. Once done I can begin working on a custom channel... If anyone can figure out how to mount or extract this file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nmz2udynnd3
Then props to you, you have just solved what has been taking me so long to figure out. Granted, this is a whole new world for me, I am an apple developer, making NDSi homebrew apps is something I have never done before. I still am going to continue to try though. It is indeed a tedious process, but nothing a few intelligent brains together cant solve. Now if anyone has any bright ideas, feel free to post. Yasu has still not replied to either of my emails. Either he/she wants all the credit for DSi hacking or he/she has fooled us all.

desumodnoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, we have to figure out what is in the file that tells any DSi that didn't BUY the file that it didn't buy the file.

ShamusHand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, adding the 'or may not' there made it kinda redundant, since 'may lead to' already assumes it might not. Sorry for the grammar lesson, just kinda of a peeve I have.

Yeah, I'd say that crackin' that file will be more progress than not.

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
swimmeringer said:
Cbajd5 said:
Isn't that technically a ROM even though it can't be used like a normal one yet?

Sssh! Grab it while it's there, just to have it in case something happens.
What could possibly happen where I would have to use it in order to save myself? Or other people for that matter?

swimmeringer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cbajd5 said:
swimmeringer said:
Cbajd5 said:
Isn't that technically a ROM even though it can't be used like a normal one yet?

Sssh! Grab it while it's there, just to have it in case something happens.
What could possibly happen where I would have to use it in order to save myself? Or other people for that matter?

Being held by gunpoint, demanded to give it up regardless of whether or not it will work in the madman's/madwoman's DSi.

Hey, you never know.

Also I meant like in case anyone figures out how to crack it, which I think will happen sooner or later.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Everything is signed. You people are going to brick if you don't watch it down the road.

Your letting the current state of the Wii bog up your minds. What came first? The Twilight Hack or the HBC? Maybe you should focus on an exploit before you worry about collecting your C++ coding army for this dream channel.

QUOTE said:
well, we have to figure out what is in the file that tells any DSi that didn't BUY the file that it didn't buy the file.

Tickets. Encrypted and Signed, stored in your NAND. Good luck with that.

ShamusHand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's technically an encrypted ROM. We have to decrypt it to be able to install on another DSi system.

Ok, some observations - I downloaded his files and put them in my DSi. It actually showed up as a DSiWare title in the memory management, but when I tried to copy it into the internal memory it said "Cannot copy data."

Also, my WarioWare Twisted is named 4B555745.bin, and yours is 4B555756.bin. Mine is 7,668 KB (60 blocks), your is 9,739 KB (77 blocks). My HNB_.lst reads EWUK, and yours reads VWUK. What language is your DSi?

Another observation, HNB_.lst changes depending on the games you have on the SD card, adding code for each application - EAAK for Aquia, EGNH for the Web Browser, and EWUK for WarioWare Snapped! - So having all three of these on an SD card would make my HNB_,lst read "EAAKEGNHEWUK" followed by 200 spaces and "•".

Renaming your .BIN and editing your HNB_.lst to match mine made the DSi not recognize your game entirely.

No progress, just some observations.
rolleyes.gif

swimmeringer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShamusHand said:
Yeah, it's technically an encrypted ROM. We have to decrypt it to be able to install on another DSi system.

Ok, some observations - I downloaded his files and put them in my DSi. It actually showed up as a DSiWare title in the memory management, but when I tried to copy it into the internal memory it said "Cannot copy data."

Also, my WarioWare Twisted is named 4B555745.bin, and yours is 4B555756.bin. Mine is 7,668 KB (60 blocks), your is 9,739 KB (77 blocks). My HNB_.lst reads EWUK, and yours reads VWUK. What language is your DSi?

Another observation, HNB_.lst changes depending on the games you have on the SD card, adding code for each application - EAAK for Aquia, EGNH for the Web Browser, and EWUK for WarioWare Snapped! - So having all three of these on an SD card would make my HNB_,lst read "EAAKEGNHEWUK" followed by 200 spaces and "•".

Renaming your .BIN and editing your HNB_.lst to match mine made the DSi not recognize your game entirely.

No progress, just some observations.
rolleyes.gif

Holy cow I did the exact same things you did.

It's all true!
cry.gif
(first emoticon I've used while a member of the 'Temp)

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
WB3000 said:
Everything is signed. You people are going to brick if you don't watch it down the road.

What's that supposed to mean? I doubt the DSi would just suddenly brick for trying to play a game that doesn't match your DSi.
OH GOD MY DSi JUST BIT MY HAND AFTER I PUT THAT DATA ON MY SD CARD.

WHY?!

But in reality the data showed up for me, but still said it couldn't be copied.I also found out that my PC's SD Card Slot can't read SDHC cards.

desumodnoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't copy because of the ticketing system, even if you bought the same game, each one is different so the DSi doesn't think you bought it. Hmmmmm... do you think we should try to contact blasty and warmup, or do you think that they will just keep their process secret?

ShamusHand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked on bLAStY's IRC, and they're (apparently) working on cracking the DSiWare encryption, though they're not getting very far.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then we should probably try and find our own way to crack it, you never know we might get some kind of break through before they do. Then we'd be famous. Mwuhahahaha!

Desu, what you could do is start coding the actual channel then wait for an exploit to come out. Of course you would have no way to test it unless you made a DSi emulator specifically to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_