Saphiresurf

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the unofficial dsi hacking thread. This thread is for updates, info, and ect. on the dsi hacking scene. all interesting info will go in this first post. Lets hope we get the dsi homebrew channel soon!
yaynds.gif

Go check out my blog at: http://saphiresurf.wordpress.com/

DSi Hacking Information:

Dont forget the bruteforcer!
nds.gif

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149267
(even though the maximum time to get the key is
5,395,141,535,403,007 billion years
-or- 5,395,141,535,403,007,094 million years there the same amount of time though)

scanlime almost read the whole NAND Thread: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=16...asc&start=0
Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/micahdowty/se...ith/3693367838/

8/3/09-System Menu 1.4 came out

Drunkencoders realeased there hack for public download at http://drunkencoders.com/2009/08/dsi-hack-update/

Team twiizers successfully ran dsi-mode homebrew. more info at http://hackmii.com/2009/07/dsi-mode-homebrew-anyone/

P.S. Just making this thread for a community compilation of dsi hacking info for everyone to see and share info with.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Until the DSi scene really does begin, I think all threads attempting to discuss it should be closed including this one. Besides, if a breakthrough was made, I highly doubt it will be announced in this thread.

Saphiresurf

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just made this thread for people who are looking for a more up-to-date source than dsibrew.org is (even though dsibrew.org is pretty much up-to-date).

Saphiresurf

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats probaly true
laugh.gif

EDIT: can the camera have better quality through firmware updates like the iphone was.

EDIT#2: im going to update the rest of the thread later, im going to watch a movie.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacinto009 said:
I don't understand what drunken coders hack does.
basicly, by using a corrupted save data that exploits the game, it allows you to run you own code. If you need a diagram, its like this:

Using a flashcart->DS is forced into DS mode = camera, extra RAM, etc. cannot be accessed.

Using an actual DSi game-> DS is forced into DSi mode + Using a hacked save data = you can run your own code(homebrew) in DSi Mode.

since its just a save data hack, there isn't much you can do, but thats basicly the jist of it :3.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im thinking... once we find the necisarry Data needed for a DSi HBC we would need to Use one of these to Intall it like wii's bannerbomb

1.Flashkart Users Run A Hackmii Installer 4 DSi .nds File and install DSi HBC...
2. Music incoding- Write a code that will boot HMDSi if music file is opened... AAC format, so mabe make the HMDSi descised as an AAC file

3.DSi Save Exploit (like TLP) probly M vs D. but then wed have to pay for it like TLP. XD

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Saphiresurf said:
EDIT: can the camera have better quality through firmware updates like the iphone was.

No, the cameras they used in the DSI are the same ones as the shitty cell phone cameras that came out 5 years ago. No matter what they do, maximum resolution is going to be 640x480, and the lack of a dedicated flash means bad lighting.

Saphiresurf

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrimsoniteX said:
Saphiresurf said:

No, the cameras they used in the DSI are the same ones as the shitty cell phone cameras that came out 5 years ago. No matter what they do, maximum resolution is going to be 640x480, and the lack of a dedicated flash means bad lighting.
that sucks, but they could use the screen as a flash for the camera on the inside.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Waaaaaaiiit, just a moment... Saphire Surf? You're the guy who thought running the DS firmware as a rom on a NDS Flashcartridge with DSi compatability was a key to getting the common-key and hacking a DSi aren't you?

Remember that failiure?

Saphiresurf

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Well thanks for this thread.
smile.gif

Though I hope no one flames you like they did to Mitchell.
sleep.gif

Thanks. Hopefully this thread goes somewhere in the dsi community.
yaynds.gif

EDIT:QUOTEWaaaaaaiiit, just a moment... Saphire Surf? You're the guy who thought running the DS firmware as a rom on a NDS Flashcartridge with DSi compatability was a key to getting the common-key and hacking a DSi aren't you?

Remember that failiure?
Oh i know. At least it taught me a lesson to study a little more.
laugh.gif

Saphiresurf

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
Jacinto009 said:
This is the biggest challenge Nintendo has given to hackers.

No.. it can't be.
rolleyes.gif
oh i know. For example, dumping the boot rom from the original gameboy took 10 years. its finally been achieved.
gbasp.gif

EDIT: i think we need more activity in the dsi hacking community. we haven't had very many people out in the field trying to hack this game system. i have been trying to hack it (failing though, of course). Imagine what we can do once we hack it. We will use the cameras facial recognition features and intergrate them to our computers through wi-fi. We could make a NAND browser so people can explore the NAND more freely. We could even emulate the firmware on a computer just like dolphin did for the wii. there are endless possibilities. this is what most of the people checking out the dsi hacking community need to know. if we have more people on the frontline trying to get more info of this NAND, then will have more of a chance of getting the homebrew channel. We have endless possibilities in the computer community in general. Think about it this way. The dsi is basically a mini computer with a 2 screens, two cameras, and one mic. all intergrated into the system. I hope now since you read this you've decided to become more involved in the dsi hacking community.

P.S. Your not being drafted
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr