Status
Not open for further replies.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Rydian said:
I'M CUDDLING A TORRENTED WOMAN
Have fun.

I'm eating my virtual chips and drinking virtual beer.

Lame jokes aside, if one can re-encrypt these files, how could one go about installing custom DSi firmware? Would it be done over wireless like the Pokemon GTS Exploit? Or would it be some exploit like the PSP?

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail said:
Rydian said:
Have fun.

Lame jokes aside, if one can re-encrypt these files, how could one go about installing custom DSi firmware? Would it be done over wireless like the Pokemon GTS Exploit? Or would it be some exploit like the PSP?

what about somehow externally trugh the DSi update menu?

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am seriously counting the days down until I can download bread.

On a sidenote, the DSi common key is still a big deal. I don't care that those that matter have had it for well over a year. Someone will make this worthwhile.

8ghy6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
8ghy6 said:
if no one minds me asking, what do i do with the key after i aquired it. do i need another application, or a folder or something?
Put it in a folder called "l33th4x" on your SD card and put it into your DSi.
nice
hate2.gif

loco365

Trophies
XP
t377y000 said:
Team Fail said:
Rydian said:
Have fun.

That's what I was thinking. And, just use a DNS address and a program to hitch on to the DNS. Why don't we start by getting older versions of the DSi BIOS, keep it encrypted, and try to download it to a DSi through this option? It's the best place to start.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail said:
t377y000 said:
Team Fail said:
Rydian said:
Have fun.

That's what I was thinking. And, just use a DNS address and a program to hitch on to the DNS. Why don't we start by getting older versions of the DSi BIOS, keep it encrypted, and try to download it to a DSi through this option? It's the best place to start.

but where are we gonna get this DSi bios?
you think it would be possible for one to make a rom like DS backup tool, but instead itll dump the bios?

loco365

Trophies
XP
t377y000 said:
Team Fail said:
t377y000 said:
Team Fail said:
Rydian said:
Have fun.

but where are we gonna get this DSi bios?
you think it would be possible for one to make a rom like DS backup tool, but instead itll dump the bios?
That's what we can download. Your system settings and all that? That's your BIOS.Main Menu, BIOS, Wireless clients, the shop, that's your bios. If we can figure out how the DSi gets them, downgrading would be the best place to start.

starfighter1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly its been the same way with the psp for years each firmware provides a new challenge but up until one point.... (not sure when) every update was exploitable so downgrading became necessary. but I do like the idea of dumping the bios probably the way to go.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Team Fail said:
Rydian said:
Have fun.

IF one could encrypt and sign the files, then one could worry about installing it. Heck, seeing as this is very hypothtical, IF one could encrypt and sign the stuff, one would already be able to install stuff.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Team Fail said:
Rydian said:
Have fun.

IF one could encrypt and sign the files, then one could worry about installing it. Heck, seeing as this is very hypothtical, IF one could encrypt and sign the stuff, one would already be able to install stuff.

Not necessarily. You would probably need the same device that Team Twiizers used to dump the DSi NAND. You'd probably have to modify the NAND and put it back on the DSi.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fishaman P said:
SifJar said:
Team Fail said:
Rydian said:
Have fun.

Not necessarily. You would probably need the same device that Team Twiizers used to dump the DSi NAND. You'd probably have to modify the NAND and put it back on the DSi.
What? It was a hypothetical situation, therefore I can invent whatever the heck I like. IF one could sign stuff THEN one would be able to install it. Signing won't happen (certainly not any time soon, most likely ever), so therefore the other point is completely irrelevant.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
RiderLeangle said:
ProtoKun7 said:
solofrags said:
if the DSi is not pirated, it's not even bother to see hope linkers for 3ds, 3ds to run games I mean.
It's notoriously hard to download a DSi.

Right now you completely made me start thinking of This picture (For the record, there is an f-bomb in the text.. no clue why I put up a warning.. XD ) and start laughing at it

Actually, it is possible to download a car.

6/05/2009 - Just a few years ago downloading from the Internet was a relatively niche activity but now all kinds of big names are getting in on the action. In a new promotion about to launch, motor manufacturer Mitsubishi has hidden parts of its new Colt car on BitTorrent sites and other P2P-networks. First to find and assemble them all gets a free car.

When it comes to collecting pieces of something from the far-flung corners of the web and re-assembling them to make not only a cool, but also free item, BitTorrent users are the reigning champions of the Internet. Time to turn those skills into hard cash – well, a car at least.

In preparation for a brand new promotion set to launch in hours, Japanese motor manufacturer Mitsubishi has (virtually) disassembled a brand new 2009 Colt car and uploaded its parts to the Internet. The components (30 different types in all) have been hidden on hundreds of regular plus BitTorrent and eDonkey websites.

The first Internet user to find all 30 parts will be the winner of a brand new Mitsubishi Colt car – already assembled for their convenience. The promotion is premiered to coincide with the launch of the Barcelona Motor Show, which begins this Friday May 8.

Anyone interested in entering should register at (NOT SURE I CAN POST THIS). Just pretend to be Spanish.

I can't cite the source, but googling it should come up with a pretty clear result.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]
That's what we can download. Your system settings and all that? That's your BIOS.Main Menu, BIOS, Wireless clients, the shop, that's your bios. If we can figure out how the DSi gets them, downgrading would be the best place to start.
[/quote]

what about NUS Downloader.
v1.9 just cameout for DSi supporting the common key.
it has DSi stuff like menu , settings, wifi ect.

loco365

Trophies
XP
t377y000 said:
QUOTE said:

what about NUS Downloader.
v1.9 just cameout for DSi supporting the common key.
it has DSi stuff like menu , settings, wifi ect.
No, like, how the DSi manages it when it is downloading them, so if we do get custom firmware, we won't brick the DSi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one