Status
Not open for further replies.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
My guess is that once the key is out, there is going to be a scandal of similar proportions to the HD DVD AES key leak. Anyone who remembers the event a few years back, the key was leaked online and was short enough to write on a single line. Fearing the "legal gray area", both website owners and lawyers of copyright holders began to take measures against it being available online, deleting posts, banning members, or threatening non-compliant websites with lawsuits. This triggered the Streisand Effect, in which people took huge force in further distributing the key en masse, putting it up in pictures, vids, and some people were even reported to have tattooed it on their body. Anti-pirates just gave up because there was no way to control something like that, and the key had spread so far and wide that it was most certainly compromised.

The leak of a public key, though legal gray area, would quickly sway in favor of having it up. The key is afterall, just a number. And who in the world can prevent that number from being said or written over and over?

I am very excited about the news. If it is possible to encrypt or digitally sign files, then we may soon see the possibility of custom DSi firmwares, and if code is written to run software off the SD slot directly, the death of flashcarts.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Searinox said:
I am very excited about the news. If it is possible to encrypt or digitally sign files, then we may soon see the possibility of custom DSi firmwares, and if code is written to run software off the SD slot directly, the death of flashcarts.
If it is possible. A creative way to install custom firmware is to create a DNS bypass, like the GTS exploit, and make it download from there. I doubt that'd work, though, since addresses are hardcoded in the BIOS, but it might, seeing as it is the same for the games.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Okay I've read the past pages. If it doesn't allow digital signing it's kind of pointless. So apparently the PRIVATE key is the holy grail. At least I'm hoping that with this key we're one step closer to the ultimate hax. And when THAT key makes it public, THEN the aforementioned drama will ensue.

starfighter1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well 1 baby step at a time i guess..... although finding the common key is not exactly a baby step since it took so long. At this point I really do not even care if it runs pirated games I would be more into it for the home brew that I have yet to experience since the two flash carts I have bought did not work.... like they were actually broken no joke.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
solofrags said:
who could tell me why the Pirates have managed to hack with user mode and not ds dsi?
From what I can remember, the DSi actually talks to the cart, asks for the password, and based on the 'response', it decides whether or not to allow access to dsi mode.
Though, I've likely just simplified it rather than explained it.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Omega_2 said:
solofrags said:
who could tell me why the Pirates have managed to hack with user mode and not ds dsi?
From what I can remember, the DSi actually talks to the cart, asks for the password, and based on the 'response', it decides whether or not to allow access to dsi mode.
so we should be looking into the DS or DSi carts for the password?

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
t377y000 said:
Omega_2 said:
solofrags said:
so we should be looking into the DS or DSi carts for the password?
No, the way I worded my post is a bit off, now that I look at it.
For the life of me, I can't remember(WHERE, or WHO said) the post concerning how the DSi decides to allow a game to access DSiMode.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It's a challenge. The DSi supplies the cart with a string that is encrypted, and the flashcart must decrypt the string and send the result back. I wonder if the key can at least be used to add DSi mode support "en masse" to flashcarts.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Well i hope so if someone can find that "password" somehere in the system files or something i then we will get flash carts in dsi mode.
cool.gif

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
solofrags said:
if the DSi is not pirated, it's not even bother to see hope linkers for 3ds, 3ds to run games I mean.
It's notoriously hard to download a DSi.
Right now you completely made me start thinking of This picture (For the record, there is an f-bomb in the text.. no clue why I put up a warning.. XD ) and start laughing at it

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RiderLeangle said:
ProtoKun7 said:
solofrags said:
if the DSi is not pirated, it's not even bother to see hope linkers for 3ds, 3ds to run games I mean.
Right now you completely made me start thinking of This picture (For the record, there is an f-bomb in the text.. no clue why I put up a warning.. XD ) and start laughing at it

I just downloaded a car. Was easy, just logged onto Live and went to NFS Hot Pursuit's DLC.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
RiderLeangle said:
ProtoKun7 said:
solofrags said:

I just downloaded a car. Was easy, just logged onto Live and went to NFS Hot Pursuit's DLC.

You wouldn't.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
shinkukage09 said:
RiderLeangle said:
ProtoKun7 said:
solofrags said:

You wouldn't.

Too late, already did! I'm now driving a downloaded car.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
Fishaman P said:
shinkukage09 said:
RiderLeangle said:
ProtoKun7 said:

You wouldn't.

Too late, already did! I'm now driving a downloaded car.

And I'm playing my pirated DSi! Beat that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    She saw the sign and it opened up her mind lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All that she wants, is another storefront.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: All that she wants, is another storefront.