Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
SifJar said:
With this we can possibly make a new font (DSi font).QUOTENo.

Just no is an useless answer. Can you at least explain why?

Because you cant sign anything at all, you would never be able to actually change the font on the DSi, there is no possible way to.

[edit] wrote sing instead of sign.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
spinal_cord said:
WiiBricker said:
SifJar said:

Because you cant sing anything at all, you would never be able to actually change the font on the DSi, there is no possible way to.
You mean *sign? Well the font is just in there. We have to pull it out somehow like we can do with the wii font.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
spinal_cord said:
WiiBricker said:
SifJar said:

Because you cant sing anything at all, you would never be able to actually change the font on the DSi, there is no possible way to.
You mean *sign? Well the font is just in there. We have to pull it out somehow like we can do with the wii font.
Yes the font is in there. No it doesn't mean we can install a new one. You can't sign one, so it'd get rejected by the DSi, and even if you could, there is no viable method for installation ATM.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SifJar said:
Yes the font is in there. No it doesn't mean we can install a new one. You can't sign one, so it'd get rejected by the DSi, and even if you could, there is no viable method for installation ATM.

When did I claim that we can install a new one? You probably misunderstood me. All I said was that we can make/extract the DSi font, so that we can use it in photoshop, on web sites, applications and such.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh. I didn't think of that because it looks like a pretty crappy, standard font, so didn't really think anyone would WANT to use it as a computer font. But yeah, that'd work.

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Sigh*
Will the OP just edit their post so no one will come asking "Can I Haz DSi BrEwz?"
This topic now has 26 pages of what could've been 8 pages if it was pointed out that the common key CAN'T sign homebrew,simply decrypt it,in the first post.

It'sLuigi64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hm i found some interesting stuff in the dsi download play.
so after decrying the rom, i opened it using a hex editor and found this
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu14/supermariovb64/debugpicochat-1.jpg?t=1295301068
its a big image so just copy it and paste it in your address bar;P
so it seems like a theirs a lot of left over code from the ds download play ver, it even has code about the original ds bios settings,
unsure.gif

loco365

Trophies
XP
supermariovb64 said:
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu14/supermariovb64/debugpicochat-1.jpg?t=1295301068
so it seems like a theirs a lot of left over code from the ds download play ver, it even has code about the original ds bios settings,
unsure.gif
Wow, so I guess there is a rumble feature for the DSL version. Cool beans. But, I guess it proves my theory that the DSi Pictochat and Download Play are based on the DSL versions.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
supermariovb64 said:
unsure.gif
When linking an image that it is important to read text, don't scale it down...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Team Fail said:
supermariovb64 said:
unsure.gif
Wow, so I guess there is a rumble feature for the DSL version. Cool beans. But, I guess it proves my theory that the DSi Pictochat and Download Play are based on the DSL versions.
Well it was fairly well known that it was based on the original DS versions.

It'sLuigi64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
supermariovb64 said:
unsure.gif
When linking an image that it is important to read text, don't scale it down...
ah sorry about that, and here's a new pic showing more left over code from dsi download play,
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu14/supermariovb64/downloadds.png?t=1295302390

8ghy6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if no one minds me asking, what do i do with the key after i aquired it. do i need another application, or a folder or something?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8ghy6 said:
if no one minds me asking, what do i do with the key after i aquired it. do i need another application, or a folder or something?
Put it in a folder called "l33th4x" on your SD card and put it into your DSi.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
8ghy6 said:

I appreciate the humor, but really. A mod should lock this thread.

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
twiztidsinz said:
8ghy6 said:

Theres nothing wrong with the topic existing... it's more the people who think that this instantly means the DSi is hacked... when in actuality it's just something that will allow people who know what they're doing to start making progress in trying to hack it...

starfighter1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so many lazy people out there iv read all 27 pages now and so what I may not understand some of it. I enjoy seeing what my peers are up to and how they are doing in general. Stop pestering them and instead respect the work they are doing.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
As said by about a QUARTER of the posters that KNOW what they're doing:
QUOTE said:
THIS KEY IS USELESS FOR MOST PEOPLE, IT ONLY LETS US SEE INSIDE THE SYSTEM FILES, NOTHING MORE. DOES NOT ALLOW PIRATING OF DSiWARE.

More or less the combined thoughts of the peers.
Seriously guys, quit asking the same crap over and over again, if you MUST know, jump back 2, maybe 3 pages and READ.
You'll find your answer soon enough.

@starfighter1
It's only 'work' if we're obligated to complete anything.
wink.gif

Though, everyone's curious, so I guess it's more of recreational curiosity.

And to the user who mentioned a possibility/chance of the private key hiding in the firmware; You NEVER know what pieces of the puzzle you have until you try.

EDIT: @BassAceGold: I SAW YOU LURKING
tongue.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RiderLeangle said:
Fishaman P said:
twiztidsinz said:
8ghy6 said:

Theres nothing wrong with the topic existing... it's more the people who think that this instantly means the DSi is hacked... when in actuality it's just something that will allow people who know what they're doing to start making progress in trying to hack it...

I disagree. The topic at this point is totally worthless and absolutely needs closing.

1) Anyone actually posting in the thread just asks if it can enable DSiware/DSi games/etc. Or making wild speculations that a hack is 'just around the corner'.
2) Anyone to whom the key would be actually useful to, had the key years ago

There's nothing to be gained by keeping the thread open at this point. A mod needs to clearly state the key doesn't enable piracy, DSi ware, etc in the final post and close the thread. If anyone actually wants to talk coherently and technically about the key and its function, they can create a new thread for that purpose. That new thread would not have the constant nagging and noise that 99% of the posts on this thread are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy