Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pong20302000 said:
1.4.4C for china also lol

supercard team have just updated there DSi's and working on a update for today
happy.gif
Well isn't China fancy? Square numbers I see.

I assume Acekard is going to still test for four weeks?

(Note to all flamers, impatient people and especially AW: As you may or may not know I support the notion of testing an update before release AND waiting to kill two birds with one stone. I'm simply asking.)

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
artoftrolling.memebase.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Evo.lve said:
Pong20302000 said:

happy.gif

(Note to all flamers, impatient people and especially AW: As you may or may not know I support the notion of testing an update before release AND waiting to kill two birds with one stone. I'm simply asking.)

Why does China even have other numbers?
Is there a special sort of spyware on it to watch what other people do
rofl.gif
?
Why not just a C behind the current numbers, just like U, E, and J?

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Marlonguppy said:
Evo.lve said:
Pong20302000 said:

happy.gif

Why does China even have other numbers?
Is there a special sort of spyware on it to watch what other people do
rofl.gif
?
Why not just a C behind the current numbers, just like U, E, and J?
Mainly because ?? (that is not Google translated - that actually is the Chinese word for China) doesn't actually have Nintendo, per se, they have iQue.

iQue is basically what we have, with Chinese instead of Japanese in languages. Their consoles have special chips which display ~6000-7000 Chinese characters - something our consoles don't really need. Which is why they have a different firmware - this firmware supports the chip.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Stupid ninty killed dsi since the 1.4 update when they added facebook to the dsi, its the only difference between the 1.2 version and the new version, they havent added anything new to the system, it's like 2 Hey lets launch a new update to block those things they call flashcarts".
It just annoys me i bought the dsi thinking there would be something fresh new but nooo just added send picture to facebook.

evil.gif
evil.gif

I'm really hoping that once its possible there will be a CFW for the dsi.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nicole Luyben said:
Well , R4i gold 3DS (www.r4ids.cn) official site released the news :

[ Great News ] R4i Gold 3DS can support the newest DSi V1.4.3 Firmware successfully without any updating! (Jun.30,2011)

Please Note: So far,the other flashcards can not support the DSi V1.4.3

Confirmed!

Oh so nice that they try to make people think that they are the only ones with working carts
tongue.gif

On topic: Basically this is something that makes a lot of frustrated flashcart users, but if there is no need to update yet (unless you intend to buy DSiware like myself ;___;), why bother?

-Qtis

Off Topic: Is there a way to buy DSiWare without buying the stupid, good for nothing Nintendo Points?

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Qtis said:
Nicole Luyben said:
Well , R4i gold 3DS (www.r4ids.cn) official site released the news :

[ Great News ] R4i Gold 3DS can support the newest DSi V1.4.3 Firmware successfully without any updating! (Jun.30,2011)

Please Note: So far,the other flashcards can not support the DSi V1.4.3

Confirmed!

Oh so nice that they try to make people think that they are the only ones with working carts
tongue.gif

On topic: Basically this is something that makes a lot of frustrated flashcart users, but if there is no need to update yet (unless you intend to buy DSiware like myself ;___;), why bother?

-Qtis

Off Topic: Is there a way to buy DSiWare without buying the stupid, good for nothing Nintendo Points?
The gift cards?

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Labatryth said:
Wait, does this mean that every game icon exploit Nintendo blocks renders us unable to play the legit game card of that particular game? What if they're good games?
I thought a hypothetical about that too.
yaynds.gif

A five year old loves Danny Phantom, he downloads the update, and busts his DSi.
nds.gif

tpi.gif

NDS-Gear

Trophies
Website
www.NDS-Gear.com
XP
Country
United States
This update seems a little bit redundant, but perhaps (just one idea) it could make sense?

Nintendo released the 1.4.2 and the 2.0.0.2 updates so that online stuff could be transferrable from the DSi to the 3DS.

The 2.1.0.3 patch was released quickly because the 2.0.0.2 patch had problems. Is it possible that because of what they changed in the 2.1.0.3 patch, the 1.4.3 patch needed to be released to maintain whatever compatibility they intended?

I somewhat doubt the above is true, by the way - but if it is, that might hopefully explain the two patches coming out so shortly after each other, and hopefully it also means there won't be any more for a while.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Labatryth said:
Wait, does this mean that every game icon exploit Nintendo blocks renders us unable to play the legit game card of that particular game? What if they're good games?

What? No. The firmware only checks for exploited games, Say Mariokart was used and Nintendo blocked it, it'd probably do so by detecting is Mariokart is doing something it shouldn't during the loading process. As the real game wouldn't then it would be allowed to load, whereas if anything sneaky was going one, it would be blocked.

I still find it weird that they block individual carts each time, rather than a blanket 'if the cart is doing something sneaky then block it' rendering all flash carts useless for all time.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Labatryth said:

What? No. The firmware only checks for exploited games, Say Mariokart was used and Nintendo blocked it, it'd probably do so by detecting is Mariokart is doing something it shouldn't during the loading process. As the real game wouldn't then it would be allowed to load, whereas if anything sneaky was going one, it would be blocked.

I still find it weird that they block individual carts each time, rather than a blanket 'if the cart is doing something sneaky then block it' rendering all flash carts useless for all time.

If they could do that, then the method would leak and their security (along with the PS3, PS Vita, 3DS, all your bank accounts, etc) would be totally shot. I take it you have never heard of the halting problem before. If you haven't, then all they would have to do is prove that P=NP (i.e. computatonally "hard" problems are the same as computationally "easy" problems) and then use that proof to develop their "detect anything sneaky" scanner. Not to mention winning several million bucks as part of the Millennium (math) Prize.

ProtoSphere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Labatryth said:

The system menu can't tell if a card is "doing something sneaky" since both CPUs are reset (therefore unloading the menu) once a game is loaded. All they can really do at the system menu is look at the contents of the card or compare it to a hash.

rezen

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice. The old R4i Gold (r4ids.cn) cards need an update again. Doesn't work on v1.4.3
frown.gif
I can only hope that they ask the YWG for his assistance again.

Hmmm, just update and spend some money at the DSi Shop - there's loads of great titles there! Currently going through Starship Patrol and trying more Art Style: Boxlife as well. Art Style: Intersect is top notch as well as Aura-Aura Climber.

They really should put out a DSi Shop compilation cartridge... but I guess no one would bother buying it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol