DSi 1.4.3 is out!

D

Deleted-236924

machomuu said:
Nimbus said:
TDWP FTW said:
Nimbus said:
but it seems like another dick move by Nintendo to release an update for anything that does nothing....oh wait!
Yeah! Shame on Nintendo for protecting their system from pirates! What dicks!

Idiot.

Wish there was a facepalm emoticon right now....I really can't seem to get my real point across to anyone.

I'm not speaking on the side of Pirates, and the fact that their Flashcards dont work now.

I'm speaking per the fact that this is yet another update that does nothing significant, if anything at all, and is masked by a lie that it does improve performance. This is unacceptable, at least in my personal oppinion, as thats like Ubuntu releasing an update that changes nothing at all about the OS, but claiming that it halves boot time and makes you use half as much ram. It's just one big blatent lie.
I understand what your saying, and I think there should be a facepalm for someone calling something as trivial as that a "dick move".
There is one, made by someone on here a while ago.

iconfacepalmg.gif

Might be better to use this, though:
homer-simpson-facepalm.jpg

QUOTE(Thesolcity @ Jun 29 2011, 11:54 PM)
You know what I don't understand? In the whole holy hell of DSi updates, I've never seen the Action Replay DSi blocked. Although as far as I know, it spoofs a game just like any DSi flashcard. Why is this? Or am I dead wrong about the set ups of Flashcards and Action Replay DSi's?
Instead, they make their games block the ARDSi.
Example: Pokémon HG/SS, Pokémon B/W.
Both those games required an update of the ARDSi to work with it.

(Besides, the ARDSi doesn't let you run illegally downloaded NDS games.)

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn , nintendo move so fast and frequently these days, i wonder which flashcard will be the first to release the update.....

D

Deleted-236924

Nicole Luyben said:
Damn , nintendo move so fast and frequently these days, i wonder which flashcard will be the first to release the update.....
Technically CycloDSi, since it still works.
Their update for 1.4.3 technically was released ages ago.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Snailface said:
Didn't Smiths say something about there only being a handful of DS games that can be spoofed? Maybe the N knows this and wants to force flashcard teams to run out of games they can use.

there are only a handful. each time a team releases a new update which gets blocked we lost one rom we can use. most of the new cards use a different design. the bootloader icon is the 1st check, its basically checking to see if its a valid icon for that card. after that the firmware queries the card for some data. the older cards just spit back the data for that game sitting in the bootlaoder. the new cards can have the data spoofed. so when you update the new cards you only update the data it spits back and not the game/icon in the boot loader. once all the bootloader only methods are blocked those cards will be rather useless, i think. although i have been told that the acekard could be updated if the time ever comes (assuming the acekard teams allows certain devs to do it), so its possible that the handful of roms being fully exploited won't matter when it comes down to it.

it would be nice if the teams all worked together and agreed to just use 1 exploitable rom at a time and all waited to release their updates around the same time. but the community begs, bitches, and complains until their $12 flash kit does what it says it should on the box.

@Pingouin7: the way i understand it, the way the ievo save game exploit works, if nintendo blocked it they would have to block the my healthy cooking coach game carts from working as well.

-another world

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Nicole Luyben said:
Technically CycloDSi, since it still works.
Their update for 1.4.3 technically was released ages ago.

my guess is most flash cart will have a fix soon, but R4 clones (attention whores) will be in a hurry to announce it so they can update their website with "1st to break Nintendo v1.4.3" in flashing RED

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok ,Just get the news form R4ids.cn that R4i gold 3DS is working great on the new firmware DSi V1.43 ....confirmed video and official news will show on the official site in a moment !

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Bowser-jr said:
Wait, the CycloDS iEvolution will only work in DSi-mode and not DS-mode? How does that even work out; don't really understand...

The loader for DS mode was blocked, but the DSi loader was not. The iEvo requires a separate loader for DSi mode.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thats f*cking awesome. Nintendo is finally doing something to secure their systems. Doesn't change the fact that most flash carts will be working in a couple of days again though.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Labatryth said:
Wait, does this mean that every game icon exploit Nintendo blocks renders us unable to play the legit game card of that particular game? What if they're good games?
Good games?
rofl2.gif

The spoofed games are usually garbage, but Nintendo still wouldn't block them.

Labatryth

Christian Fantasy Writer
Trophies
Website
www.labatryth.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
Labatryth said:
Wait, does this mean that every game icon exploit Nintendo blocks renders us unable to play the legit game card of that particular game? What if they're good games?
Good games?
rofl2.gif

The spoofed games are usually garbage, but Nintendo still wouldn't block them.

I don't know dude. Chess Master sounds kind of intriguing. I'd like a sample.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.