DSi 1.4.3 is out!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Sop, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Evo.lve

Evo.lve All that you could be.

Oct 11, 2010
    Away from you.
    Well isn't China fancy? Square numbers I see.

I assume Acekard is going to still test for four weeks?

(Note to all flamers, impatient people and especially AW: As you may or may not know I support the notion of testing an update before release AND waiting to kill two birds with one stone. I'm simply asking.)

2. Marlonguppy

Marlonguppy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2009
    Netherlands

Why does China even have other numbers?
    Is there a special sort of spyware on it to watch what other people do [​IMG] ?
    Why not just a C behind the current numbers, just like U, E, and J?

3. Evo.lve

Evo.lve All that you could be.

Oct 11, 2010
    Away from you.
    Mainly because ?? (that is not Google translated - that actually is the Chinese word for China) doesn't actually have Nintendo, per se, they have iQue.

iQue is basically what we have, with Chinese instead of Japanese in languages. Their consoles have special chips which display ~6000-7000 Chinese characters - something our consoles don't really need. Which is why they have a different firmware - this firmware supports the chip.

4. dicamarques

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Your computer's Recycle Bin
    Stupid ninty killed dsi since the 1.4 update when they added facebook to the dsi, its the only difference between the 1.2 version and the new version, they havent added anything new to the system, it's like 2 Hey lets launch a new update to block those things they call flashcarts".
    It just annoys me i bought the dsi thinking there would be something fresh new but nooo just added send picture to facebook.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm really hoping that once its possible there will be a CFW for the dsi.

5. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    Antarctica
    The Forge
    Oh so nice that they try to make people think that they are the only ones with working carts [​IMG]

On topic: Basically this is something that makes a lot of frustrated flashcart users, but if there is no need to update yet (unless you intend to buy DSiware like myself ;___;), why bother?

-Qtis

Off Topic: Is there a way to buy DSiWare without buying the stupid, good for nothing Nintendo Points?

6. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

GBAtemp Patron
    AlanJohn is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2011
    Ukraine
    Canada,New Jersey
    Wow this is fast.
    Like anyone would be stupid enough to update for "behind the scenes performance boost"

7. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
  8. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
  9. Sop
    OP

Sop groovy dude lmao

Banned
    Nov 14, 2010
    qld
    The gift cards?

10. Thanatos Telos

Thanatos Telos random stuff

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I thought a hypothetical about that too. [​IMG]
    A five year old loves Danny Phantom, he downloads the update, and busts his DSi. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. samethernet

samethernet GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    I Confirm that EZ-Flash VI
    is blocked even with the internal firmware update which came out within less than 24 hours

12. NDS-Gear

NDS-Gear Member

May 11, 2009
    United States
    This update seems a little bit redundant, but perhaps (just one idea) it could make sense?

Nintendo released the 1.4.2 and the 2.0.0.2 updates so that online stuff could be transferrable from the DSi to the 3DS.

The 2.1.0.3 patch was released quickly because the 2.0.0.2 patch had problems. Is it possible that because of what they changed in the 2.1.0.3 patch, the 1.4.3 patch needed to be released to maintain whatever compatibility they intended?

I somewhat doubt the above is true, by the way - but if it is, that might hopefully explain the two patches coming out so shortly after each other, and hopefully it also means there won't be any more for a while.

13. syfyTy

syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

Apr 11, 2011
    United States
    Tazmily, USA
    DStwoi already has update for 1.4.3 and is running.

14. solofrags

solofrags Banned

Banned
    Jul 18, 2010
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    it was said that the method had not been cracked dsi but why then there is a linker cyclo dsi?

15. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    What? No. The firmware only checks for exploited games, Say Mariokart was used and Nintendo blocked it, it'd probably do so by detecting is Mariokart is doing something it shouldn't during the loading process. As the real game wouldn't then it would be allowed to load, whereas if anything sneaky was going one, it would be blocked.

I still find it weird that they block individual carts each time, rather than a blanket 'if the cart is doing something sneaky then block it' rendering all flash carts useless for all time.

16. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    If they could do that, then the method would leak and their security (along with the PS3, PS Vita, 3DS, all your bank accounts, etc) would be totally shot. I take it you have never heard of the halting problem before. If you haven't, then all they would have to do is prove that P=NP (i.e. computatonally "hard" problems are the same as computationally "easy" problems) and then use that proof to develop their "detect anything sneaky" scanner. Not to mention winning several million bucks as part of the Millennium (math) Prize.

17. ProtoSphere

ProtoSphere Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2011
    The system menu can't tell if a card is "doing something sneaky" since both CPUs are reset (therefore unloading the menu) once a game is loaded. All they can really do at the system menu is look at the contents of the card or compare it to a hash.

18. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    You forgot to post the link, but anyway - here's the thread that mentions it

Can't confirm this, as I'm in work ATM

19. nitrozz

nitrozz GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2009
    Portugal
    ievo !!!??

fu** im they dont have solution for 3DS last firm ....

[​IMG]

dstwo: i cant believe. no patch

20. rezen

rezen GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2005
    Nice. The old R4i Gold (r4ids.cn) cards need an update again. Doesn't work on v1.4.3 [​IMG] I can only hope that they ask the YWG for his assistance again.

Hmmm, just update and spend some money at the DSi Shop - there's loads of great titles there! Currently going through Starship Patrol and trying more Art Style: Boxlife as well. Art Style: Intersect is top notch as well as Aura-Aura Climber.

They really should put out a DSi Shop compilation cartridge... but I guess no one would bother buying it.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted