Hacking DSFCC - Flashcart manager for Windows.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
under the settings, i think (don't remember) there is a option for the renamer to delete old archive (or something related), try to turn that option on and then rename something.

post here if it works/does not work, or if the option i am talking about does not exist

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
I think Rominator does multiple users as well I think. Not sure if there are any others that do though.
It allows for multiple libraries for multiple cards and/or users but it doesn't backup your saves.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gameguy95 said:
under the settings, i think (don't remember) there is a option for the renamer to delete old archive (or something related), try to turn that option on and then rename something.

post here if it works/does not work, or if the option i am talking about does not exist
it works half

it still creates a new file, and the deletes the old one
but there is no need to create a new one
i was asked to use this app cause ez trim+ is out of date, but ez trim did it correct..it really renames a file, without recreating it

Mylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to toss in a thank you here.

The multiple user saves library is great.

The no renaming when copying to card thing I dealt with, I just had my stuff named:
()-

That way when I'm looking at the list on the DS I see them in alpha order, but the numbers are still there for me to track which copy it is.

The only thing I really have to kludge around is the search box. it reindexing the library as you type is crazy. It's not a bad work around, I just put my search term into nopepad then copy and paste it into the search box so it only reindexes for the search once. I'm guessing this is not a problem for people with just a handful of roms, but it takes FOREVER for it to reindex my library for a search.

Thanks so much for all the hard work, and even more for then releasing it for the rest of us to use.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosEnergy said:
gameguy95 said:

it works half

it still creates a new file, and the deletes the old one
but there is no need to create a new one
i was asked to use this app cause ez trim+ is out of date, but ez trim did it correct..it really renames a file, without recreating it

It does that because it strips out unnecessary files from the archive and tests the integrity of the .nds file. It doesn't rename as it's copying to the card because it was never designed for that. I've lost all my source for everything and don't have the tools to update the ez-trim list anymore. Plus it got very little support so I got tired of it.

QUOTE(Mylar @ Feb 5 2010, 08:43 PM)
Just wanted to toss in a thank you here.

The multiple user saves library is great.

The no renaming when copying to card thing I dealt with, I just had my stuff named:
()-

That way when I'm looking at the list on the DS I see them in alpha order, but the numbers are still there for me to track which copy it is.

The only thing I really have to kludge around is the search box. it reindexing the library as you type is crazy. It's not a bad work around, I just put my search term into nopepad then copy and paste it into the search box so it only reindexes for the search once. I'm guessing this is not a problem for people with just a handful of roms, but it takes FOREVER for it to reindex my library for a search.

Thanks so much for all the hard work, and even more for then releasing it for the rest of us to use.

Yeah the search thing really could have been done a bit better. I don't have many roms though to be honest so never noticed the problem. I won't be able to update it any more though as I've lost the source. I can update the release list still though and to be honest I think it's relatively bug free now and there's not really much more that could be added that's necessary! Thanks for the support though, I really appreciate it! I will be designing a new one at some point but after losing the source to everything I just haven't had the heart to start again. It's what I get for not backing everything though! lol

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^you lost the source!? WTF! how does that happen? don't you have some kind of backup somewhere on your computer or the internet or something!?!?! this is the only rom manager i have ever used but if you can't update anything other than the release list (not that it isn't great right now) you can't fix bugs, and i might have to try a new rom manager

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thats why it is a good idea to make it open source and handled by sourceforge, googlecode or similiar..they do the backups for you...

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
^you lost the source!? WTF! how does that happen? don't you have some kind of backup somewhere on your computer or the internet or something!?!?! this is the only rom manager i have ever used but if you can't update anything other than the release list (not that it isn't great right now) you can't fix bugs, and i might have to try a new rom manager

Then use another rom manager.

QUOTE(ChaosEnergy @ Feb 7 2010, 10:01 AM) thats why it is a good idea to make it open source and handled by sourceforge, googlecode or similiar..they do the backups for you...

I used Delphi and a load of components, plus other units that I didn't want to release the source for. Plus, it barely got any support from users. Look at how old it is and how big the thread is. Yes there are some great users who showed me great support but few and far between.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the lenght of a thread is never a good sign for how good something is
if it works perfectly, you nearly get no fdeedback..only if there is something missing or broken you will lead into much postings...

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosEnergy said:
the lenght of a thread is never a good sign for how good something is
if it works perfectly, you nearly get no fdeedback..only if there is something missing or broken you will lead into much postings...

Honestly, it got very little support. Like I said, there were some great people who gave me great support but the response wasn't very good. I might write a new one when I can be bothered. There's plenty of other rom managers out there that people can choose from though.

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow! I just read that you lost the source. That sucks, if you ever decide to start over and you need any help just let me know. I still use the last version almost every day (until something better comes along.)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
dohclude said:
Wow! I just read that you lost the source. That sucks, if you ever decide to start over and you need any help just let me know. I still use the last version almost every day (until something better comes along.)

Cheers mate, I appreciate that! I've just installed Delphi 2010 on the machine so if I can find all the components again I might start work on a new one. I'll be needing your help again with the toolbar buttons if you don't mind.

And also

-------------------------------------

New version on-line! Don't get too excited, it doesn't mean I found my source again. It's only because I was able to do this fix using a hex editor. So 0.35b online. It's a workaround for the save problem in AKAIO 1.6RC. DSFCC created save files with extension of .SAV and AKAIO 1.6RC1 expects .sav, so this version now outputs them as .sav.

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
no problem, I can help you out with some nice looking icons again. Do you think you will use the same general design as the old one, or maybe something different. I might be able to come up with some mockups if it's useful at all.

Daminite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like how far its come. now i just wish it didnt uppercase the file extensions when renaming. a lowercase option in the next release would be much appreciated.

i'd offer to help but i cant do graphic design and i cant code so i'd be pretty useless. ever since rominator went belly up i've just been manually renaming my roms and slowly converting my rz files to rar

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Daminite said:
i like how far its come. now i just wish it didnt uppercase the file extensions when renaming. a lowercase option in the next release would be much appreciated.

i'd offer to help but i cant do graphic design and i cant code so i'd be pretty useless. ever since rominator went belly up i've just been manually renaming my roms and slowly converting my rz files to rar
try an older version. the UPPERCASE was just a fix for an Acekard problem

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Daminite said:

Why does the case of the extension really matter?

gameguy95 said:
QUOTE(Daminite @ Apr 21 2010, 03:34 AM) i like how far its come. now i just wish it didnt uppercase the file extensions when renaming. a lowercase option in the next release would be much appreciated.

try an older version. the UPPERCASE was just a fix for an Acekard problem

The latest version converts the sav extensions to lower case to conform to AKAIO RC1.

Daminite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really but i'm ridiculously obsessive compulsive (if you've ever seen monk you should have a good idea of what i'm like but with out the clean freak part) and it'll just bug me till i lowercase it manually.

ocd sucks but just being aware of it doesnt fix it.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really content to stick to Windows folders to manage the files. I don't care about release numbers or release group info as I strip it all down to the game's title anyway. The extra stuff is just added-on info I'd ignore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty @BigOnYa @BakerMan :creep: +2