DS #XXXX: Acekard 2 (v2.1) (China)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Feb 3, 2009.

Feb 3, 2009
  1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^ndsrelease-4470^^

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    a new dump of what? what did they dump the controller level script? i hope they didn't simple "dump" the firmware. i wonder if this is the bootloader which has not changed. i hope this gets nuked. also adding to the .nfo the new blue pcb has less on board memory for save files. acekard put on the smallest amount possible to help cut costs. you will never notice a problem but it makes features like real time saves impossible to implement.

-another world

3. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Good thing you aren't making these cards or their software Another World, because both EZ5 and M3Real do RTS, quite quickly I might add, without ever touching "onboard memory" [​IMG] Oh, and as far as I know AK2 has never used "onboard memory" for backups (er, savers), it writes directly to the microSD - in fact since R4 most cards try to do away with dedicated save chips, and even those like EZ5 that were initially designed to use them now bypass them and write directly to SD.

This is a dump of the software the DS sees when you turn it on, usually amounting to a loader which loads the system menu from microSD, which is what the onboard PROM is used to stow.

4. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Its a good thing your not making these cards either, because all flashcarts use some type of onboard memory to store the sector maps for the rom and save file so that they can be bead and written to from within the game. the old AK2 for instance had 2MB of onboard memory (eeprom iirc) while the 2.1 and ak2i have 1MB (just enough to store the sector map of the nds and save).

5. jjgp08

Newcomer jjgp08 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I'm confused, what exactly is this and what is it meant to do?

It can't be another firmware update surely!!

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i've never said i was a hardware expert. i've never even attempted to allude to the fact. i also never type anything i’m not sure of without first doing some research on it. if i can not satisfy my own questions i don't post. while your comments are light hearted and silly, i do take offense to being bashed at when i am correct to begin with -- in regards to the mem.

what i was told about the ak2 and rts is that they would require the onboard mem at some point, and because of the scaled down size on the new blue pcb 2.1 this would be a feature impossible to implement. i can admit when i am incorrect and will gladly edit my first post upon being corrected.

-another world

7. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Well, looks like I need to explain myself then since we did not meet in the middle of understanding...

8. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I didn't even know the AK2.1 was different from the AK2, otherwise I would have dumped it earlier [​IMG]

9. warmijwilfaain

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom

Epic post is epic.

10. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    so, does the less on-board memory mean the blues will give better battery life?