DS Weather Report White Screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by funnymoney, Apr 6, 2009.

Apr 6, 2009
  1. funnymoney
    OP

Newcomer funnymoney Member

United States
    I recently download DS Weather Report and I patched it with DLDI and copied it into the root directory of my card but every time I try to start it it shows me a white screen. I am using the DSTT with the latest firmware. Does anyone know how to fix it?

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    youd dldi patched it? with what patch? DSTT autopatches, and the patch isnt readily available. you shouldnt need to patch it. try just copying it without patching it.
    also, its possible your card has become corrupt. move all important files to your computer and reformat your micro SD card. then copy everything back. if that doesnt work, try redownloading DS Weather Report. I dont have any experience of that particular homebrew, so can only give general advice. try the things i mentioned. also, are any files in the correct place. check the readme if there is one for the correct file setup. Try all that and if it doesnt work, come back and i'll try to think of something else for you. Do you have cities.dat on your card in the same directory as the .nds file? Do you have the right .nds file(not the .sc.nds one)?

3. haringtonl

Member haringtonl GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Err there is no support for North America so there's no point in trying unless...

4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    unless... we live outside North America? NO ITS NOT POSSIBLE. believe it or not buddy, there is life outside USA. Some of us have to get by with a non-American life. Tragic i know. (SARCASM)

Anyway, it doesnt seem to work very well for me anyway, so you're not missing out on anything. It loads the world map, and i can scroll around, but if i select a country, it freezes and doesnt load the weather. I'm using version 0.4, is there a newer one? Maybe the server isnt up anymore...

5. funnymoney
    OP

United States
    I only patched it because when I left it unpatched it still wouldn't start up. I also saw on their website that they have support for North America. I think the newest version is 0.5, at least that's what I'm using.

6. funnymoney
    OP

United States
    I also contacted ndstt support but they have not gotten back to me