Homebrew DS to DS filesharing?(via flashcart)

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother often wants my games/homebrew I have on my Acekard, (he has an R4) but of course, he wants it when we don't have a computer lying around.

Any way to transfer files from DS to DS flashcarts?

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
All these questions regarding wireless data transfers narrows down to one problem, the speed. It is simply too slow for major games. The waiting time for some smaller games, like 32 megabytes would probably be bearable. Have you tried playing these minigames that can be shared via WiFi? Yea? Enormous loading times, even for games this small :/

But hey, might be that i got something wrong, if so, please correct me GBATemp
smile.gif

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WioWao said:
All these questions regarding wireless data transfers narrows down to one problem, the speed. It is simply too slow for major games. The waiting time for some smaller games, like 32 megabytes would probably be bearable. Have you tried playing these minigames that can be shared via WiFi? Yea? Enormous loading times, even for games this small :/

But hey, might be that i got something wrong, if so, please correct me GBATemp
smile.gif
You can probably on send some small, homebrew games/apps.

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it does say DS to DS. The whole point would kind of be lost if it required WiFi
tongue.gif
But download it and try, homebrew is free.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't have much time to dl and test ATM, I'll try sometime I guess, but if it takes an hour for a 32mb game, what's the point?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a couple of demos that use the local wireless mode ("Nifi") like a walkie talkie application and I guess that DS2DS thing. However, be warned that they are rather old files, and are unlikely to be updated because shortly after they were made, severe changes to DevKitARM broke compilation entirely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN