T$unami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

I understand that the usual DS lite problem is that they won't turn on.

Well, I like to be a bit different, so I have a DS lite that Iam unable to switch off, apart from in the set up screen. The switch will not switch it off.

I took my other kids DS lite apart and checked out the switch with a meter and the switch seems to do what its ment too ie. I get the same response with the meter on both DS's

Any ideas?

MTIA

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w8 until your battery dies. And if it does you will probelly not be able to turn it on then so I guess keep it as it is and close it and always charge it. And I hope your Game is inside good because if its not then you can never play.

T$unami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can remove the battery to turn it off and it will turn back on. When its on if I flick the switch up or hold the switch up, nothing, it just stays on.

Removing the battery everytime is a pain as you need to go through the set up again.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sounds like the switch internals are stuck in the on position, or something's shorting the switch contacts?
Two options: Either return the unit to Nintendo for repair...
or Buy a replacement switch from DX - if you choose to do the repair yourself, while you're poking around inside the DS, make sure there's nothing rattling around loose in there.

I was going to suggest giving the DS a good shake to see if you can hear anything moving around inside, but that would probably make matters worse - if something like a stray screw arcs across the tracks on one of the PCBs it will probably brick the DS next time it was powered up... we definitely don't want that happening.

I have a feeling that you mean that when the battery is in the DS, the DS is powered on, end of story. In which case, the following won't apply to your situation, but just in case...

If the battery can be left in the DS while it's switched off without powering it on: Take the battery out to switch it off, then put it straight back in. As long as the battery is reinserted within 5 seconds, you won't have to go through the set up screens again. You just need to be quick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo