Hacking DS Lite touch screen not responding.

thrallking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am refurbishing a DS Lite, and when I finally got the thing to turn on the touch screen is not responding to my touching. It turns on and is bright, but the thing is not doing its job. Are there any connectors that might be loose, or do I just need a new screen (which I would not mind doing)?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you can try checking the ribbon cable for the touch screen ? see if it's loose or not ?

and if still their is a problem then it's the touch screen it self then ! and if replacing the touch screen doesnt do it then you gotta buy a new DS
yaynds.gif

thrallking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fortunately this was a free DS (I fixed 7 PSP firmware problems at a shop, and they gave me a broken DS and DS Lite), and I am thinking it is a loose connection. Sadly, the clamp that holds the ribbon down popped off earlier, and I had to fix that. My repair looks good as new, and holds it in place, but I guess looks can be deceiving. I found a new screen for $4, so it will not break the bank. Plus, the screen is a little scuffed from the last user so I was thinking of replacing it anyway.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lucky for getting i free DS !

w.e. if the screen is broken xD just repair it your self by buying a new screen
tongue.gif

and

may i ask where you are buying the new screen ? or maybe even a link may help

plzz and thx

- holt

thrallking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://cgi.ebay.com/BOTTOM-SCREEN-LCD-FOR-...1QQcmdZViewItem

DealExtream is much cheaper, but because of their location the shipping time will take weeks. I am a firm believer in "time is money", since I am starting my own business (I am producing a card game, not repairing systems) and that is what has pushed my hand many times. If I order it now, I should get the part by early next week.

This is the third problem I have had with this system (power switch replacement, and clamp falling off are the first two), and since I get problems in 3's I should be fine after this. If you count parts into the price of the system, you could say I got a DS Lite for $20.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER