DS Lite touch screen not responding.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by thrallking, Jul 16, 2008.

Jul 16, 2008
  1. thrallking
    OP

Newcomer thrallking Member

United States
    I am refurbishing a DS Lite, and when I finally got the thing to turn on the touch screen is not responding to my touching. It turns on and is bright, but the thing is not doing its job. Are there any connectors that might be loose, or do I just need a new screen (which I would not mind doing)?

2. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    you can try checking the ribbon cable for the touch screen ? see if it's loose or not ?

and if still their is a problem then it's the touch screen it self then ! and if replacing the touch screen doesnt do it then you gotta buy a new DS [​IMG]

3. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    try recalibrating it? :S

4. thrallking
    OP

United States
    Fortunately this was a free DS (I fixed 7 PSP firmware problems at a shop, and they gave me a broken DS and DS Lite), and I am thinking it is a loose connection. Sadly, the clamp that holds the ribbon down popped off earlier, and I had to fix that. My repair looks good as new, and holds it in place, but I guess looks can be deceiving. I found a new screen for $4, so it will not break the bank. Plus, the screen is a little scuffed from the last user so I was thinking of replacing it anyway.

5. Splych

Philippines
    lucky for getting i free DS !

w.e. if the screen is broken xD just repair it your self by buying a new screen [​IMG]

and

may i ask where you are buying the new screen ? or maybe even a link may help

plzz and thx

- holt

6. thrallking
    OP

United States
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BOTTOM-SCREEN-LCD-FOR-...1QQcmdZViewItem

DealExtream is much cheaper, but because of their location the shipping time will take weeks. I am a firm believer in "time is money", since I am starting my own business (I am producing a card game, not repairing systems) and that is what has pushed my hand many times. If I order it now, I should get the part by early next week.

This is the third problem I have had with this system (power switch replacement, and clamp falling off are the first two), and since I get problems in 3's I should be fine after this. If you count parts into the price of the system, you could say I got a DS Lite for $20.

7. Splych

Philippines
    that's a decent price !

once you make your buisness , tell me the link and i may purchase from you ^^