Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
no no, covers only!! xD
But I'm not gonna wait to know if games are working or not as I have only limited time to work on covers. :)

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish I would've known this before doing it manually in GIMP :glare:

Which XnView pack should I get? (Minimal, standard, or extended)
Hmm going to be honest I never noticed there were levels but I'd say the extended because why not? You can also use a batch process script.

Create a text file and rename it NDS BoxArt.xbs copy paste and save. In the batch proccess load it. This will resize it and convert to png if needed.
Code:
resize( 0 lanczos 128 115 0 1 0 )
settings( 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 )
output( png 0 6 )

BeastMode6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm going to be honest I never noticed there were levels but I'd say the extended because why not? You can also use a batch process script.

Create a text file and rename it NDS BoxArt.xbs copy paste and save. In the batch proccess load it. This will resize it and convert to png if needed.
Code:
resize( 0 lanczos 128 115 0 1 0 )
settings( 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 )
output( png 0 6 )
You sir, have made my life 10 times easier.

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated with latest commit made less than a minute ago: bootstrap-dldi.nds

Idk but I think is something wrong with your build. Look mine, the size is different and works for the games I tried. In your build the games don't work.... just compiled the latest commit 799f82a

EDIT: Yes just confirmed. Your build now is the same build I downloaded today morning from you site. I think your script is broken

Attachments

• bootstrap-dldi.zip
    406.2 KB · Views: 306
Last edited by raphamotta,

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I can't get Yoshi Touch and Go or Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin to load up what settings are you guys using? (per game settings are need in the future imo)

TinchoX

Azure Flame Kite
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Im not sure if i have something set up wrong i ran the make install and it looks like it finished but when i run the script it runs but then in makes a 0kb file? and says something about failed to make cia file
Had the same problem, we are definitively doing something wrong.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Advanced Wars Dual Strike shows the error screen finally! It is still a progress ,since it was always black screen before.

Attachments

• 70792029gw1fazdxb39l2j20qo0qo77g.jpg
    70792029gw1fazdxb39l2j20qo0qo77g.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 242

Zm1231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had the same problem, we are definitively doing something wrong.
I figured out my problem so i didn't have the latest version of libnds. Get the master.zip repo then unzip it somewhere dont get it from releases just get the whole repo. make sure devkitpro is installed and that its in the windows go to the unziped folder right click and select open command window here then type make install that will set it up then install python 2.7 and make sure its added to your path. then you can go to the bootstrap folder and type make and it will make the file

Reactions: TinchoX

TinchoX

Azure Flame Kite
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I figured out my problem so i didn't have the latest version of libnds. Get the master.zip repo then unzip it somewhere dont get it from releases just get the whole repo. make sure devkitpro is installed and that its in the windows go to the unziped folder right click and select open command window here then type make install that will set it up then install python 2.7 and make sure its added to your path. then you can go to the bootstrap folder and type make and it will make the file
Will give it a try, thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Nope, I'm too dumb to know how to work with devkit and python commands, so I'll just keep waiting patiently as I've been doing all along.

Last edited by TinchoX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1