Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since everyone likes to report their findings with each commit SM64 EU never even loaded the logo and neither did Bomberman but this isn't really a surprise because they're in the process of trying to use a more direct method to make it significantly faster. Just out of curiosity what settings are you guys using when you get to the actual in-game of SM64 DS? Rifht now I'm using 133mhz TWL, and everything else on except Rainbow LED. Also, Console output is set to On (Debug).

Just to be clear in general a new build for a project isn't usually made for every commit since that's impractical in general. So commits are not releases. No one was ever actually supposed to compile and distribute the code, in fact, most developers frown upon that kind of things and sometimes it violates the licensing of the product. In this case, the developers don't really seem to care that much. Commits are simply any changes made to the source code by the developers sometimes called patches. They can be submitted by anyone and accept by whoever controls the git repository. Alpha and Beta are just words and don't really mean anything. It'll be released when it's ready. It'll have bugs even after it's released but I'm sure they'll do their best to fix them and have it be as good if not better than flash cards maybe not in terms of speed but in terms of function and features.

Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule,

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
Since everyone likes to report their findings with each commit SM64 EU never even loaded the logo and neither did Bomberman but this isn't really a surprise because they're in the process of trying to use a more direct method to make it significantly faster. Just out of curiosity what settings are you guys using when you get to the actual in-game of SM64 DS? Rifht now I'm using 133mhz TWL, and everything else on except Rainbow LED. Also, Console output is set to On (Debug).

EDIT: Just to be clear in general a new build for a project isn't usually made for every commit since that's impractical in general. So commits are not releases. No one was ever actually supposed to compile and distribute the code, in fact, most developers frown upon that kind of things and sometimes it violates the licensing of the product. In this case, the developers don't really seem to care that much. Commits are simply any changes made to the source code by the developers sometimes called patches. They can be submitted by anyone and accept by whoever controls the git repository. Alpha and Beta are just words and don't really mean anything. It'll be released when it's ready. It'll have bugs even after it's released but I'm sure they'll do their best to fix them and have it be as good if not better than flash cards maybe not in terms of speed but in terms of function and features.
I'm in the same boat, I can't seem to get it to boot either just stays at a white screen.

John-smith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As of commit 26eb871b8d30d3882bc7ad88d3dddfaffbff0e83 advance wars dual strike loads and is playable with some graphical issues and slowdowns.

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, i just tried the latest commit (26eb871b8d30d3882bc7ad88d3dddfaffbff0e83), wow!!!
The loading time is super fast (in comparison with the older commit).
With Layton and the curious village, only 1m ~ 1m30s to boot, (before it was 8m).
There are still slowdown, though.

Yes I tested professor layton and the curious village US and seems the game is working very well! After the game starts it's very slow (like 10% of speed) Luke talking slowly is like a ghost xD. It crash on first puzzle

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, just tried the first Layton. As some people said, it works, but load times are horrible, and first cutscene is way too slow.
That makes me think: maybe all cutscenes in every game will load like this (maybe a little better) because they read from the rom altmost everything, am I wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: wet summers are much better than wet winters I think. Horrible for it to be cold AND rainy for a...