Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Mjkstra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have no idea what happened then.
i read of another person that had an identical problem: was able to run games on the second run but before had white screens..( also the TWLmenu itself had a white screen the first time i launched it ). It seems that everything new i launch within TWLmenu needs to be launched two times to get it work, with a force shutdown after the white screen. Now i am able to play super mario and art academy on the first try.. so i really don't understand what is this. To me this looks like a bug.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read of another person that had an identical problem: was able to run games on the second run but before had white screens..( also the TWLmenu itself had a white screen the first time i launched it ). It seems that everything new i launch within TWLmenu needs to be launched two times to get it work, with a force shutdown after the white screen. Now i am able to play super mario and art academy on the first try.. so i really don't understand what is this. To me this looks like a bug.
You're one of the few to encounter this bug then. I have no idea how to fix this bug.

Reactions: Tarmfot

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay btw i discovered through the sd card formatter that my card is an SDHC one, don't know if that's somewhat relevant. Anyway i still think that the problem is the program itself
Not saying I don't believe you, lol. I just don't know how to fix it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The clock in the dsi dark theme seems broken on flashcart
Tested on DSTWO and R4i Gold
Also broken on 3DS
4F955681-D227-4F25-8B9F-99FF8160F462.jpegDCDCEE65-E516-4845-B1DC-F41B8422C798.jpeg

Mjkstra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was thinking that maybe uninstalling all the mods and remodding everything from scratch could fix the things.. could you link me a guide to uninstall everything and a guide to install the mods?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking that maybe uninstalling all the mods and remodding everything from scratch could fix the things.. could you link me a guide to uninstall everything and a guide to install the mods?
Fix what, exactly? I doubt a reinstallation of all of the mods would fix the white screen issue.

Mjkstra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fix what, exactly? I doubt a reinstallation of all of the mods would fix the white screen issue.
Fix the white screen. Maybe something went wrong in the installation and could explain the bug, I can try. I really would like to see this work😂. Btw sometimes also the boot from the sd card hangs and I have to turn off and on again the 3ds.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about reinstalling luma and the other things, is that possible? Maybe the problem was with them. I'd like to do a FULL wipe
No, Luma3DS has nothing to do with it. If your sd card's properly tested (with h2testw) & formatted then it's just a bug of some sort, otherwise i would start testing that sd card..

Reactions: RocketRobz

Mjkstra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, Luma3DS has nothing to do with it. If your sd card's properly tested (with h2testw) & formatted then it's just a bug of some sort, otherwise i would start testing that sd card..
Yes i tested it with that software, no problems were identified. Are you 100% sure that luma hasn't got nothing to do with the proper working of TWLmenu? As I said i also sometimes get hangs when booting the 3ds when my sd is plugged in ( the one containing the mods ) so this is very strange, that's why I think something went wrong with the installation

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i tested it with that software, no problems were identified. Are you 100% sure that luma hasn't got nothing to do with the proper working of TWLmenu? As I said i also sometimes get hangs when booting the 3ds when my sd is plugged in ( the one containing the mods ) so this is very strange, that's why I think something went wrong with the installation
TWiLight Menu++ runs in DS(i) mode, so Luma is not running at that point, aside from it applying patches required for TWLMenu++ to boot (and no, the patches aren't the cause of this issue either).
If there are issues in 3DS mode as well, then the SD card slot seems to be malfunctioning. I do not have the hanging issues on my side.

Reactions: Tarmfot and CoolMe

Mjkstra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TWiLight Menu++ runs in DS(i) mode, so Luma is not running at that point, aside from it applying patches required for TWLMenu++ to boot (and no, the patches aren't the cause of this issue either).
If there are issues in 3DS mode as well, then the SD card slot seems to be malfunctioning. I do not have the hanging issues on my side.
With 3ds mode you mean 3ds games? I will try and let you know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Aw bill cobbs died