Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Came across an interesting possible bug in Super Mario 64 DS.

I have the first and third stars in Shifting Sand Land. Whenever I go into the level, select the second star, go into the pyramid and die, if I go back into the level I respawn in the pyramid. I really can't figure out if this is intended behavior, and I don't think it is.

Also whenever I reload a save I have 4 lives but idk if that's significant.

This also occurs with my R4 cart and I have the one everyone keeps recommending (the R4i Gold 3DS Plus or whatever).
That is indeed intended behavior. I believe it even happens in the original SM64. It happens in several other levels as well if you get to a second area. I think even the Volcano level does that if you enter the Volcano. In other words not a bug, but I believe something done out of convenience for the player so you potentially don't have to take the whole trip again to get into the pyramid (unless you are aware of the shortcut ofc...)

Last edited by Zense,

HippyJ3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Speaking of compatibility, just want to add that the three Super Robot Wars installments K, L and W are all working perfectly! just finished L yesterday and it was a blast playing it on a 3DS rather on the PC.

Anyway, any news on the Tales of Innocence opening Movie freeze problem? the last time I've updated (v13) the bug is still present.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Clubhouse Games works, but the screens flicker. Is there a thread for reporting non-functional games?
Have you tried running it in ds mode and 67mhz? It was solved like that in me.

Hello.:)

Good to know this Game works.I hope also on the Flashcard.I got my Rumble Pak today and try it on the DS Lite.
Diddy Kong Race for example did not work on the Flashcard.:(
Both Versions (US/EU) stays on two White Screens (Heap Shrink ON/OFF and with/without the Rumble Pak inserted).

So I will try this Game.:)
By the Way,there are TWO Revisions of this Game.So maybe the Issue from @thomadash will have to do with that.

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: banjo2 and Mermadun

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Clubhouse Games works, but the screens flicker. Is there a thread for reporting non-functional games?

Hello.:)

Both Versions EU (Rev.1) + US (Rev.1) works on the Flashcard and DS Lite without Issues.:)
And also the Rumble Pak.:yay:

P1360710.JPG P1360714.JPG P1360715.JPG P1360716.JPG P1360717.JPG P1360718.JPG P1360719.JPG P1360720.JPG

Both Versions EU (Rev.1) + US (Rev.1) works also on the DSi without Issues.

Please be sure you have the latest TWiLight Version v14.1.0 and nds-Bootstrap v.0.33.0 installed.

Thank you.:)

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Nice update ! i notice there was 10 or 20 games per pages now its 40 per page and the loading is speeding up. Noticed that Twilight Menu++ will not run in Streaming onto pc , Will the DS forward work on streaming to pc? i have all 3 streamers works fine like UWPStreamer, Snickerstream and Kit Cat

handlolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the Acekard theme, the program fails a lot, it hangs when loading the list of games and when go back to the menu using L+R+Down+B
I would like to use this theme, i remember when i used my Ds lite with acekard, and is more faster than other menus in twilight++
any solution?

Last edited by handlolo,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this, and it worked! It also fixed that problem with a few other games! What's the difference between running in DS mode and in DSi mode?
DSi mode allows the DSi-Enhanced games to use Camera, WPA, and/or other DSi features.
@Robz8 Nice update ! i notice there was 10 or 20 games per pages now its 40 per page and the loading is speeding up. Noticed that Twilight Menu++ will not run in Streaming onto pc , Will the DS forward work on streaming to pc? i have all 3 streamers works fine like UWPStreamer, Snickerstream and Kit Cat
DS(i) mode apps cannot be streamed to a PC. You'd need a capture card for that.
Using the Acekard theme, the program fails a lot, it hangs when loading the list of games and when go back to the menu using L+R+Down+B
any solution?
Nope.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSi mode allows the DSi-Enhanced games to use Camera, WPA, and/or other DSi features.

DS(i) mode apps cannot be streamed to a PC. You'd need a capture card for that.

Nope.
can you give me a link of a capture card?? Also is there way to turn database.xml for ds because i have a custom box cover for Newer Super Mario Bros. DS and it have same title as New Super Mario Bros. DS title A2DE so is it possible to go by name in Abc ?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you give me a link of a capture card??
Why not search for one?
Also is there way to turn database.xml for ds because i have a custom box cover for Newer Super Mario Bros. DS and it have same title as New Super Mario Bros. DS title A2DE so is it possible to go by name in Abc ?
You can use the ROM filename instead. Just add ".png" at the end.

NotReallySteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's this about it corrupting SD cards over 64gb? Is that a new discovery? Or has it always done this? Is the fix just an option in twilight itself? And if it corrupts with that off, and it's down to libfat or libdns, what then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!