Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

gandalf335

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I am using a Nintendo DSi and i have Twilight Menu+++ installed. Other games work fine, but both Pokemon HG and SS have this problem where when starting the game for the first time it works fine, but when i save the game, exit and then try to play it again it takes me to the title screen and when i press A the game says that it has a communication error and that i have to press A to go to the title screen. I press A, but that just kicks me out of the game and my DS says that i have to push the power button and turn it off. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a Nintendo DSi and i have Twilight Menu+++ installed. Other games work fine, but both Pokemon HG and SS have this problem where when starting the game for the first time it works fine, but when i save the game, exit and then try to play it again it takes me to the title screen and when i press A the game says that it has a communication error and that i have to press A to go to the title screen. I press A, but that just kicks me out of the game and my DS says that i have to push the power button and turn it off. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!
Install Unlaunch.
http://dsi.cfw.guide/

cloudropis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Apologies for the probably noob-rific question, but the OP mentions on-the-fly AP patching, yet I get the AP kick in for Megaman Zero Collection.

Starting the game up I get the "needs to be AP-patched" warning, and it takes quite a few seconds for the game to actually start as some message about nds-bootstrap starting lingers for a good while. By the end of the first stage I get sprite glitches (which seems to be what the AP for this game consists of) and a corrupted screen freeze (which doesn't prevent me from hitting Home and closing the software, but still makes the console lock up afterwards, which I didn't expect).

I'm probably very dumb, I never had to AP-patch any rom, how do I apply it with TM++? Or am I supposed to find a patch and do it myself, which doesn't seem to be what the OP is talking about when mentioning AP-patching on the fly?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the probably noob-rific question, but the OP mentions on-the-fly AP patching, yet I get the AP kick in for Megaman Zero Collection.

Starting the game up I get the "needs to be AP-patched" warning, and it takes quite a few seconds for the game to actually start as some message about nds-bootstrap starting lingers for a good while. By the end of the first stage I get sprite glitches (which seems to be what the AP for this game consists of) and a corrupted screen freeze (which doesn't prevent me from hitting Home and closing the software, but still makes the console lock up afterwards, which I didn't expect).

I'm probably very dumb, I never had to AP-patch any rom, how do I apply it with TM++? Or am I supposed to find a patch and do it myself, which doesn't seem to be what the OP is talking about when mentioning AP-patching on the fly?
You somehow didn't put the "apfix" folder onto "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/".

Reactions: Alexander1970

cloudropis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You somehow didn't put the "apfix" folder onto "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/".
Huh, was that part of the installation process? Because I don't remember having to create any folder manually, the launcher should've done anything.

Do you mean I should create that folder in that location and insert the AP-patches (which, from what I've gathered, are simple .ips files) in there?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, was that part of the installation process? Because I don't remember having to create any folder manually, the launcher should've done anything.

Do you mean I should create that folder in that location and insert the AP-patches (which, from what I've gathered, are simple .ips files) in there?
Yes.

cloudropis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've just realized the "apfix" folder is an actual, already existing folder with all the AP patches that's in the downloadable folder. I completely missed that since I installed through the Updater and went immediately for that, ignoring the rest. Sorry for the brainfart.

Speaking of which, I've noticed the install method are a bit different compared to when I installed for the first time last summer. If I want to update my current TM++ installation can I still use the old "Twilight Menu Updater" I've already installed or should I switch to this new Universal Updater? If the latter, will it detect the current TM++ Installation or should I just wipe everything and start from scratch?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just realized the "apfix" folder is an actual, already existing folder with all the AP patches that's in the downloadable folder. I completely missed that since I installed through the Updater and went immediately for that, ignoring the rest. Sorry for the brainfart.

Speaking of which, I've noticed the install method are a bit different compared to when I installed for the first time last summer. If I want to update my current TM++ installation can I still use the old "Twilight Menu Updater" I've already installed or should I switch to this new Universal Updater? If the latter, will it detect the current TM++ Installation or should I just wipe everything and start from scratch?
Switch to Universal Updater. The downloading is faster, and your existing settings should be kept.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Frix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello! I have a question. When I try to play Chrono Trigger, it keeps freezing me on the first time travel. My rom is NTR-YQUP-EUR (with a Spanish translation). The "DS-Scene Rom Tool" doesn't let me patch it either. I still can't find a solution. I am trying with my 3ds with "Luma" and I have the latest version of "TWLMenu ++"
Thanks in advance!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have a question. When I try to play Chrono Trigger, it keeps freezing me on the first time travel. My rom is NTR-YQUP-EUR (with a Spanish translation). The "DS-Scene Rom Tool" doesn't let me patch it either. I still can't find a solution. I am trying with my 3ds with "Luma" and I have the latest version of "TWLMenu ++"
Thanks in advance!
Show me the start of the ROM in a hex editor.

Frix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sure.

Attachments

• hex.png
    hex.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 160
D

Deleted User

Hello.:)

Please be sure your SD Card is really formatted with FAT32 [64kbytes].
Please use the Tool FAT32format GUI:

and please check it is not recognized as GPT Drive !!

View attachment 199564 View attachment 199565

Good Luck.
Thank you.:)

Hello again. I followed the recommendations. Check if my SD was in GPT, but it is only in MBR.

Formatted with FAT32format GUI in [64kbytes], but it kept giving me the same error: empty MBR entry.

I really think it is my SD, I have formatted it many times and it is several years old. I will have to buy another one.

Thank you very much and thank you for all the progress TWLMenu ++ has had (it's amazing).

justjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
How do I start GBARunner2 on the DSi theme? When I press select I don't see that option. I'm pretty sure it was there before, or am I misremembering?

Attachments

• IMG_20200316_170609842.jpg
    IMG_20200316_170609842.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 152

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: They need to add air tags to they airbuds..