Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

jms209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get an error when trying to run gba roms. NDS roms launch fine.
"start failed. error 1 nds-bootstrap (release) not found."

_nds/nds-bootstrap-release.nds is in the folder.

Mutti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm having a problem playing dsiware roms, every time I start a dsiware room, this screen shows up.
I tried whit normal ds rom and it works fine, so I have the problem only whit my Dsiware dump.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
IMG_20200314_120741.jpg

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I'm having a problem playing dsiware roms, every time I start a dsiware room, this screen shows up.
I tried whit normal ds rom and it works fine, so I have the problem only whit my Dsiware dump.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem? View attachment 199458

AFAIK dsiware direct boot is only supported for DSi models with unlaunch installed, for the 3DS you should get the cias and install them directly in home menu.

Reactions: RocketRobz

Mutti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AFAIK dsiware direct boot is only supported for DSi models with unlaunch installed, for the 3DS you should get the cias and install them directly in home menu.
Tanks for the response, how I can create a Cia from the dsi dump rom? I know how to do it whit gba and other console but that's for virtual console.

KHfan_98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m sure I’m posting this in the wrong section, but I honestly don’t know where else to ask (I’m new, so feel free to direct me)... I’m using a 3ds XL and a 2ds, both running cfw on Sys 11.13.0-45U. I’m using a Toshiba SDHC cards and I’m also running the latest Twilight Menu++, as well. When playing multiplayer on my Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days roms (which I AP patched), the games randomly get a communications error, and I’m sent to the title screen of the game. I tried multiple files from different sources, and even with the AP patch, the multiplayer mode doesn’t seem to work? I’m just confused because other multiplayer nds roms seem to work except this one, and I don’t know if its me or the game

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m sure I’m posting this in the wrong section, but I honestly don’t know where else to ask (I’m new, so feel free to direct me)... I’m using a 3ds XL and a 2ds, both running cfw on Sys 11.13.0-45U. I’m using a Toshiba SDHC cards and I’m also running the latest Twilight Menu++, as well. When playing multiplayer on my Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days roms (which I AP patched), the games randomly get a communications error, and I’m sent to the title screen of the game. I tried multiple files from different sources, and even with the AP patch, the multiplayer mode doesn’t seem to work? I’m just confused because other multiplayer nds roms seem to work except this one, and I don’t know if its me or the game
It is not you or the game.
It's nds-bootstrap that has this bug. Wait for a fix in nds-bootstrap.

Also, it is unnecessary to AP-patch any game.

KHfan_98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Okay, thanks for the help!

Last edited by KHfan_98,

the_otsutsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlaunch only works well with Windows-formatted cards, iirc.

ill give it another try and ill try to reformat from my Mac to see if I can get it to work. if not then oh well I suppose, unless there's a proven tool to help with this particular situation ?

AnotherMuggle

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advise...

I followed the instructions at dsi.cfw.guide and have unlaunch, HiyaCFW and TwilightMenu.

If I set unlaunch to boot to HiyaCFW and I launch TwilightMenu from the DSiWare icon then TwilightMenu starts but pressing SELECT to enter the setting causes two white screens.

If I set unlaunch to boot directly to TwilightMenu then SELECT button works and I can enter settings.

Any ideas?

Secondly should the game cart, or flashcart appear in the TwilightMenu? It doesn't appear in mine but it shows and launches fine from HiyaCFW or stock menu.

Reactions: banjo2
D

Deleted User

:) Hi!. Excuse me, but I need help. I have previously installed TWLMenu ++ on my DSi XL 1.4.5 USA with Unlaunch 2.0 + HiyaCFW 1.3.2 (I think) Reading the dsi cfw guide over and over. The last version I had was v12.2.0, but I wanted to reinstall everything again. I have no problem when using Memory Pit, backing up my NAND with fwTool or installing unlaunch. I also have no problem using HiyaCFW-Helper. The problem is that when I reinsert the SD in the DSi to configure OPTIONS - Press (A) - no button - hiyaCFW - SAVE & EXIT ... Nothing appears and I get a red message "error: empty MBR entry ". Without the SD my DSi shows the Unlauch interface.

So I think the problem is in my SD (MicroSDHC I kingston 16gb Class 4). The first time install TWLMenu ++ v11.2.0 (Only in this version I have tried some games. Also use Unlaunch 1.9), then v12.0.0 (Creating a 2gb partition in this same SD to install everything and then restoring all the capacity and copying the files again) and upgrade to v12.2.0 by copying only the folders ("DSi CFW Update instructions").

This is how it all begins. I have low-formatted this SD several times (4 or more for each start and then quick formatted in Fat32). I wanted to install TWLMenu ++ v12.2.1 cleanly. I also tried a 1gb sd (also formatted at a low level because I am very crazy :unsure:), but it gives me the same error. My windows PC reads SD normally. I don't know if there is a solution, but I think it will already damage those SD (For using low-level formatting lol) or ... my DSi.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
:) Hi!. Excuse me, but I need help. I have previously installed TWLMenu ++ on my DSi XL 1.4.5 USA with Unlaunch 2.0 + HiyaCFW 1.3.2 (I think) Reading the dsi cfw guide over and over. The last version I had was v12.2.0, but I wanted to reinstall everything again. I have no problem when using Memory Pit, backing up my NAND with fwTool or installing unlaunch. I also have no problem using HiyaCFW-Helper. The problem is that when I reinsert the SD in the DSi to configure OPTIONS - Press (A) - no button - hiyaCFW - SAVE & EXIT ... Nothing appears and I get a red message "error: empty MBR entry ". Without the SD my DSi shows the Unlauch interface.

So I think the problem is in my SD (MicroSDHC I kingston 16gb Class 4). The first time install TWLMenu ++ v11.2.0 (Only in this version I have tried some games. Also use Unlaunch 1.9), then v12.0.0 (Creating a 2gb partition in this same SD to install everything and then restoring all the capacity and copying the files again) and upgrade to v12.2.0 by copying only the folders ("DSi CFW Update instructions").

This is how it all begins. I have low-formatted this SD several times (4 or more for each start and then quick formatted in Fat32). I wanted to install TWLMenu ++ v12.2.1 cleanly. I also tried a 1gb sd (also formatted at a low level because I am very crazy :unsure:), but it gives me the same error. My windows PC reads SD normally. I don't know if there is a solution, but I think it will already damage those SD (For using low-level formatting lol) or ... my DSi.

Hello.:)

Please be sure your SD Card is really formatted with FAT32 [64kbytes].
Please use the Tool FAT32format GUI:

https://fat32format-gui.en.lo4d.com/windows

and please check it is not recognized as GPT Drive !!

img_56e628d28bd5b.png.pagespeed.ce.QTfQCBsn-5.png img_56e6297886fee.png.pagespeed.ce.OAzLplkJBg.png

Good Luck.
Thank you.:)

Reactions: banjo2 and Tarmfot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...